OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It's on

Started by g8rvet, April 04, 2016, 01:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Okay.  Have a bird that gave me the slip last year.  He was roosted this AM within 100 yards of where I fooled with him several times last year.  Could never seem to get on him when we were ready with a double team.  Nephew played his game today.  He called me and described perfectly 2 hunts I had with him last year.  We have plenty of season left and we are gonna put a double team on him.  2 double teams.  He likes to hang out in intensely thick area - impossible to move on him once he is on the ground due to deadfalls. A ninja butterfly can't be quiet in those woods.  So we are gonna get in his living room while he is still in his bedroom and wait him out.  We are taking off the gloves.  Wish him luck.  He will need it.  We are mad.

LOL.  For you betters on the forum, take Tom and the points, but we have 3 weeks and he is our new top priority. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

SteelerFan

Quote from: g8rvet on April 04, 2016, 01:20:08 PM

LOL.  For you betters on the forum, take Tom and the points, but we have 3 weeks and he is our new top priority.

:TooFunny:

Good luck! Keep us posted

g8rvet

I will update with tales of woe as the season goes along.  The ones that get away stick in my craw longer than the ones that don't stick in my gullet! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

wvmntnhick

Can't say I've ever had a bird like that to be honest but I feel jealous for those that do. The majority of my turkey career was spent as a duo u too the past few years and my buddy sid the majority of the calling when we were together. I didn't do much calling until I was at my other friends camp. Birds were plentiful there so killing one wasn't an issue. If a bird didn't want to play, I'd just move along to the next one and settle in. Wish I had some of the encounters y'all have had with these memorable birds.

Mike Honcho

Good luck....I love it when there's a tough bird that challenges us.

I fought it out with "Paintbrush" a huge old tom on a place I only hunt about once each season.

Paintbrush won by the way.  He saw two of his two year old buddies get shot by my grandsons while he waited back about 70 yards...he was always super wary after that.

Never did get him.

renegade19

Quote from: g8rvet on April 04, 2016, 01:38:51 PM
I will update with tales of woe as the season goes along.  The ones that get away stick in my craw longer than the ones that don't stick in my gullet!
Amen!

renegade19

Quote from: Mike Honcho on April 04, 2016, 05:50:23 PM
Good luck....I love it when there's a tough bird that challenges us.

I fought it out with "Paintbrush" a huge old tom on a place I only hunt about once each season.

Paintbrush won by the way.  He saw two of his two year old buddies get shot by my grandsons while he waited back about 70 yards...he was always super wary after that.

Never did get him.

"Lone Ranger"  made me look like an idiot off and on for 3 seasons (not that it was hard to do!).  He won.  Pretty sure I've killed some of his descendants though!