OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

On the board in Tennessee

Started by Greg Massey, April 02, 2016, 04:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

This bird i killed heard him at daylight so i was in my blind and i did some soft calling and a fly down..He just gobble 2 more times.. So every so often i would start off with some soft calling about every 30 minutes or so around 10:30 he gobble so i hit him with some cuts and purr's and he cut me off at 11:15 he had circled back to find his hen that was ME and he got a face full of number 5 shot at 25 yards.. He weight 24 pounds had a 10 inch beard and just over 1 inch spurs.. weight wise he was one of the biggest i've ever killed. Sorry no pictures because i don't know how to down load any pictures..PATIENCE is the name of the game guys...This old Tennessee Hunter is on the board..and i didn't run after him at all...Lot of it, is calling skills if i may say so..and a little luck...this is the 8 th..season in a row i've kill a gobbler on opening morning ..thank the good Lord...

Hookinembig

Tennessee Lead

MouthCaller

Nice job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

spurz

Way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdyhunter

Congrats to you sir! Still gettin after it any way you can and gettin it done. It was a great morning to hunt here in Tennessee. Plenty of gobbling and great weather for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Hunt how you can be successful and enjoy it boys there's enough turkeys for everyone

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tomstopper

Congrats on your bird. I know many people that have similar health issues as yourself who cant hunt the way they used too. Talking to them, they are just blessed to still be able to hunt these birds and are grateful when they do as I am sure you are. Congrats again.

Greg Massey

hobbes

mgm1955

renegade19

suburbhunter

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.