turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

mouth call suggestions

Started by KYHeadhunter02, April 01, 2016, 08:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

I have the mouth call magic by Scott Ellis laying around that I initially bought to improve my calling. I used to use mouth calls quite a bit, but it's been a few years. In the past I ran stuff available in the big box stores, and several made by cane creek. Any suggestions on a call maker to pick back up and start? I like calls that are not high pitched. Something that isn't to difficult and some rasp.

mote1977

Hook's Executioner should suit you well.

SteelerFan

If you're interested, Callingallturkeys.com offers a kit that lets you try 4 different cuts / reed configurations at a decent price. Once you find a style you like, you can then shop your preferred call maker.

http://www.callingallturkeys.com/#!mouth-calls/ch2o

I've been very happy with Hook's (they make the calls in this kit)
Gooserbat
and recently Denny Gulvas

wvmntnhick

We can throw suggestions at you all day long. Problem is, the roof of everyone's mouth is shaped differently. Because of this, you'll probably find one or two cuts that work best for you. Once you figure that out, you'll find life to be much easier. Some guys can run anything. Personally, I've got calls that I've got to shift to different spots in my mouth to achieve the right sound. I find it easier to just find a cut that works for me and try that cut from other companies to see which I like best. Play around, you'll find one.

Triple Gobble

Turk Magnet mouth calls are awesome, used
Them with a lot of sucess.  Matter of fact that
Turkey in my pic was called in by one.  I also
Like yellow yelpers by bobby bridges. :bible:
Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

Gooserbat

Well I know a guy...

WWW.gooserbatcalls.com
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 03, 2016, 02:16:23 PM
Well I know a guy...

WWW.gooserbatcalls.com
[/quote/

I will keep you in mind brother. I may pick up one or two at a local store and see if I can get back into it first. I remember mouth calls used to be dirt cheap. Looks like they are 10-15 each now.

jwright8

Hooks

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk