Main Menu

Compact binoculars

Started by tha bugman, March 31, 2016, 05:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

How many take a pair to woods hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

I do. Don't use them much except for when I am scanning Power Lines or the large "fields" left over from the strip mining days. They can be handy though.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

outdoors

I DO , JUST A HABIT . . . . . . .
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Cut N Run

I do about 60% of the time.  It depends where I'm hunting.  They have definitely helped more than they hurt and have saved the day many times.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Greg Massey

I always carry a pair the old eyes aren't what they use to be..I enjoy everything that i carry in my bag that's the reason i use stuff..Why go hunting and wish i had something that i left at the house ?

goblr77

Depends on where I'm hunting. If I'm hunting big fields I carry a pair of Leupold 10 x 25 compact binos. I normally don't carry them when I'm hunting elsewhere.

bmhern

I carry a pair, I can see without them, just can't tell what im looking at!!!!

WisTurk

Yep, I got a cheap little pair in my vest when I hunt.  It's nice to have just in case I need to see what's off in the distance, but I don't usually like to carry around my larger Vortex binos (got enough stuff with me already  ;D)

Jbird22

Yep, I have a pair of 10x25 Swarovski binos that stay in my vest. Love'em!

kyturkeyhunter4

I've always have a pair in my turkey vest, that can come in handy when scanning the fields

MK M GOBL

I always have mine along, their in my pack and are a very used "tool". I have a pair of Swarovski SLC's 8x30's and are excellent optics.

MK M GOBL

taylorjones20

I always have mine.  They're Redfield 10x42
Alive only by the Grace Of God

ElkTurkMan

I just ordered a pair of compact 8x28 vortex diamond backs.

maytom

Picked up a pair of Bushnell Legends a few years back in their 8x32 size. Little larger than compacts, but not as big as the full size.