turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best stock for 870 20ga build

Started by dantheman, March 30, 2016, 06:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dantheman

I was thinking about the sureshot is there a better stock out there and what would make it better. Getting ready to put a build together.

Cleveland48

I have the shurshot and I love it. I shoot with either hand and it's perfect for that. I know a lot of people like the tactical style, but I've never used one of those. I really like the cheek piece on the sure shot for using a scope also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owlhoot

Quote from: dantheman on March 30, 2016, 06:09:11 PM
I was thinking about the sureshot is there a better stock out there and what would make it better. Getting ready to put a build together.
If your thinking about that one for a 20 ,you might get to looking now, they can be hard to find.

Greg Massey

I have both the tactical and the SurShot ,,, i like the SurShot stock a lot better...same with using a scope..You want the SurShot 19533 for the 20 ga. youth.

Spring Fever

Shur Shot for me with FF3
Very comfortable and balanced

dantheman

Great thanks guys I had seen the same things a few builds with the tactical stock. I have an 1187 supermag w the sureshot and love it. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the boat on a better option.

trash2

My sureshot lines up terribly, I shimmed it w rubber but it still isn't right. Thinking of cutting/grinding it down at an angle? Anyone have any better solutions?

Greg Massey

What are you trying to put the stock on...trash2....I have one on a youth 21 in.. 20 ga...and its great....

outdoorsmen

Itonight im taking my surshot off and putting the normal stock back on. The surshot is a bit awkward when using a sling and walking a lot. Going back to the sleek and slim of regular stock.

Greg Massey

You couldn't give me two regular stocks for a ShurShot stock just because of the Thumbhole. I have no problem with a sling on the gun and walking..but i'm 6 ft. tall. Thumbhole is the only way to go with a red dot or scope..

trash2

Quote from: outdoorsmen on March 31, 2016, 09:14:45 PM
Itonight im taking my surshot off and putting the normal stock back on. The surshot is a bit awkward when using a sling and walking a lot. Going back to the sleek and slim of regular stock.

It's an early 90s youth 20ga with 21" barrel. Without shimming it I could look down the barrel from the receiver forward. Not sure how to correct it, might be due to vented rib from a bit of research?

Stumpy225

Sure shot if your using optics but collapsible stock with open sights

cutt down

If you go with a tactical stock I'm building this one with a Phoenix Technologies (kick lite) kit.

Eview326

I built an 870 20ga slug gun once and used a Monte Carlo Remington 760 stock. Worked perfect and bolted right up

lr308

Just throwing this out there, Mesa tactical makes an adapter called the lucy adapter, that lets you use stocks for 12 ga 870's on 20 ga 870's. Supposed to work great.They also make some awesome looking pistol grip stocks with and without adjustable cheek piece.