turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Painting Camera Tripod

Started by brimmyfish, March 30, 2016, 05:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brimmyfish

I bought this black camera tripod during deer season and it worked great while hunting out of a blind with my Sony Handycam. I would like to paint it to give it a camo look for turkey season. I will use it sometimes while in a blind, but most of the time it will not be. Any advice on painting this thing to help it blend in? Paint brands, colors, techniques? I just dont want it to be an eyesore for a longbeard when he comes in.

http://www.amazon.com/Ravelli-APLT4-61-inch-Weight-Aluminum/dp/B004ZGLM5W/ref=sr_1_7?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1459373770&sr=1-7&keywords=camera+tripod

Thanks

fallhnt

You can buy camo spray paint at Wal mart.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Greg Massey

just get some spray paint and take a paper plate and cut you out some lines or shapes so you can spray thru the paper plate to put a pattern on the tripod..get you a can of gray primmer and couple more colors and your good to go...

brimmyfish

Thanks for the replies. I am wondering if paint will stick to the original black paint, or should I scuff it up with some sandpaper before I start?

Greg Massey

You know you could try some of that camo tape that sticks to itself its call camo form and its reusable..and wrap it in that...that might work better..than paint..

Captain Hooks

I would use Camo tape,  spray paint gets roughed up pretty easily.  I rap my legs with pipe insulation and then tape it with camp tape.  If you don't like it you can just take it off

WisTurk

spaightlabs

camo duct tape is about $5 a roll...works dandy

catman529

Rustoleum camo paint & clear coat. I just painted this tripod last week, hopefully it holds up as well as my shotgun has. I did the pattern with sea sponge.

Remember to prep the surface...I lightly sanded it with fine grit for painting, then wiped everything down with a damp microfiber cloth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

I did the vinyl wrap on mine, super easy! Found some sheets on sale and I think it turned out great.

MK M GOBL

Dr Juice

MK M GOBL - Your project came out awesome.

kyturkeyhunter4

Looks awesome you did a g :icon_thumright:reat job

brimmyfish

Not the best job in the world but I think it should work. Thanks for the tips!

catman529

Quote from: brimmyfish on March 31, 2016, 01:16:12 PM
Not the best job in the world but I think it should work. Thanks for the tips!

That looks very good.

Dr Juice

That paint job will definitely work especially since it will be stationary. Good luck.