OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kenny Morgans America, Wild Turkeys, and Mongrel Dogs

Started by Jwall, March 28, 2016, 07:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwall

I just finished this book and wanted to tell everyone that has not read it that it is by far one of the best books I have ever read. I am about to start his Turkey Hunting: A One Man Game book and look forward to seeing what its contents have in store. I really wish I could have met Mr. Morgan and spoke to him about being a fellow educator and turkey hunter. It seems as if a man could have learned a lot from that caliber of a person.

Spitten and drummen

Both of those are great reads. Of you haven't read them , then you should put them on your list.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

silvestris

Don't pay any attention to the forward in "One Man Game".  The writer of the forward has a penchant for untrustworthiness when it comes to turkeys.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Strick9

To what do you refer specifically in One Man Games forward? I am reading it for about the 6th time unless you are being witty yourself?

Mongrel Dogs is a great book no doubt!
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: Strick9 on March 29, 2016, 11:19:07 AM
To what do you refer specifically in One Man Games forward? I am reading it for about the 6th time unless you are being witty yourself?

Sil wrote the forward.   ;D   He was being obliquely self-deprecating.  :toothy12:

silvestris

Quote from: Strick9 on March 29, 2016, 11:19:07 AM

If you could tolerate it six times, it must have been at least ok.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

mgm1955

Strick9

Genesis 9;2

silvestris

Quote from: Strick9 on March 29, 2016, 08:32:28 PM
I have been officially snuckered!

You hang around me long enough it is going to happen.  Of course it runs both ways.  A friend set me up yesterday and sicked the game warden on me threatening me with arrest.  He got me good.

Strick9

I was a Warden for awhile, don't hold it against me lol. They say I was one of the good ones so I hear anyhow. In the end I couldn't stand the bureaucratic  red tape, the politics nor the other Wardens acting as if the hunter/fisherman was the enemy.. Left that behind and made some money.. Nice to meet ya Silver.. Wish I had gotten the chance to know Kenny.
Genesis 9;2

Jwall

Hey I wish I could many of you guys. I thought I wanted to be a game warden at one point then realized I'd be working when I wanted to hunt. I sent Mrs. Sally Morgan as message yesterday thanking her for a book she sent me and saying the same thing you just said: I wish I could have met and befriended Kenny as a fellow hunter and educator. Sil that's awesome to know you wrote the forward in A One Man Game

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

silvestris

Kenny was a great friend and the cause of my belief that every gobbling turkey I encounter is going to come.