turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Daddy's little girl is on the board !!!

Started by born2hunt, March 25, 2016, 10:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2hunt

This weekend was my 7 year old daughters first quota hunt. I went yesterday morning for a last scout, slipped in before light to listen and didn't hear a peep. I put about 4 miles on the boots and got one bird to gobble to a crow call about 2 pm so I figured Id start in that general area and see what happened.Well it rained and stormed all night and was looking like a wet day ahead but I figured we had a couple hours so we slippped in this morning before light and as the sun peaked up, still no gobbles. As bad as I wanted to take off and try to strike one I figured this is where the patience part comes in so we got comfy and waited. I had made a couple light calling sequences with no replies and a few min later I made a couple loud clucks on the mouth call when he gobbled about 150 yards down the road we were sitting just off of. I got her ready and kept quiet while he gobbled and strutted his way down the road. I gave him just enough soft stuff to keep his interest until he stepped into her shooting lane at 15 yards where she just flattened him with her 20 loaded with some High Brass 1 oz 7 1/2 shot. It was 8:00 and she had one down ! Now leading up to the shot she was as nervous as any kid could be but I honestly think I had her beat !!! I was flat tore up and it took all I could do to keep it together. As far as after the shot, all I can say is I'm glad there wasn't anyone hunting near us cause there was some serious hoot'n and holler'n going on. She is the first of my kids to harvest a bird and man was it a rush.

What a first bird !!! A Big ole public land Osceola stud.
19 lbs, 10 1/2 beard with only one spur but he made it up with 1 5/8 in on that side.   

Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

JK Spurs

Congrats to you both! And that's one heck of a spur.
I like my turkey well peppered

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

BowBendr

Good lordy, what a spur ! Beautiful gobbler, Congrats !!

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

HOOKS1

Great bird, Congrats ! Just look at that smile.

tomstopper

Swampchickin234

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phire Phite

Stickbow98

"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

owlhoot

good golly missy  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
that is a whopper  :blob10:
Way to go  :z-winnersmiley:

hobbes

Bowguy

Congrats! A very proud day for you both

marshboy

Congrats to you and your little girl from an Iowa boy here!!
Greg

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions