OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what calls are in your vest this year?

Started by otinhunter, March 25, 2016, 06:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otinhunter

I was wondering what calls everyone is carrying this year to the woods? In my vest I have David Hallorans Crystal Mistress, metal mouth,new wenge slate and his paurquet checkered box and a madhatter pocket player that plays some sweet tree talk.
I was curious what calls everyone else is taking to the woods this year. And for those rainy days I will have a enticers glass over corian.

Boonelli14

I'll be carrying a mistress, woodhaven classic v3 and copperhead, hs smokin gun glass, primos box cutter, and the haint. Can't wait to bust them out! Good luck to everyone

Happy

Think I am going to start with a Daryl Sleighton copper, crystal mistress, hardy's split personality, and my old faithful aluminator for pot calls. Jeff Frederick competition diaghram, hooks executioner 2, split v, and deciever, gooserbat bacon and public land special, cody cutter and a Tom teasers cracked corn. Will be swapping out weekly cause I have some pots from Andy Keiser, hooks,Mike yingling and Hanks that need field time as well.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Rex

Genes slate/aluminum,  K&H Wet Willie box call, Original Ol' Yeller, Final Destination  Glass,  and assorted mouth  calls.

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

"'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
    every tongue will acknowledge God.'"         Romans 14:11

catman529

Don't have a vest, but will be carrying a wing bone, a tube call, a Woodhaven mouth call, and possibly might grab a primos power crystal if I feel like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc

An assortment of Gooserbat and Hook's diaphragm calls, 2 box calls, and a gobble call.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Tennessee Lead

Halloran Sugartown Sweetness 2
Halloran Crystal Mistress
Halloran Wenge Walnut Slate
Dawkins Stoned Aluminum plastic pot
Halloran Checkered Short Box
Purple Heart over Cedar
Halloran TKO mouth call

Now I've got to narrow these down (sigh)

These are on deck
Halloran Walnut slate
Halloran Twisted Sister
SS Premium grade Purple Heart over Black Limba

Drthorn

Oklahoma Lineup:

Lights out glass, enticer silver thunder, lonnie sneed hot hen, two woodhaven mouth calls, spring creek box call, hootin stick, primos crow

Kentucky Lineup:

SS custom glass call, cane creek pro custom glass, derby city slate, woodhaven mouth calls, owen tomlin box call, hootin stick, primos crow

HFultzjr

This is always a problem for me.
What calls to take and when.
Only can carry so many with me and I have so many good calls.
Long Boxes, Short Boxes, Oldies but goodies, new ones this year, killed birds with before, worked last year, slate, crystal, glass, etc.
Decisions, decisions.
Since joining here, it's worse....I have bought several more calls (all great). Just added to the confusion.
I'm addicted and addicted bad.
LOL

owlhoot

Gotta try the new ones! Longbox and shortbox. Have to have some of the old tried and true.
One thing for sure my vest is real heavy first of the season.
Many say they ditch the vest and carry a tom-teaser or type of purse.
A vest with lots of call pockets, two tom teaser purses wore crossed looks cool :)
Turkey call back packs anybody?  :lol:

Stickbow98

Super Aluminator to prime 'em, Cody Slate to charm 'em, and an Old Jake 1 Hander to soft talk 'em in tight.
An OLD Old Yeller for sentimental reasons, Dick Kirby box in it's holster and a True Double in my mouth and I'm good to go!  :camohat:
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

dawgfrombama

Lynch Fool Proof, Woodhaven cherry crystal, Bud and Betty slate, lynch jet slate, and a Woodhaven mouth call I never use. I'll run some turkeys when I break out the diaphram.  ;D

bammerslammer 50

Doug camp slate, southland yellow heart crystal, Mike yingling copper pot, woodhaven copperhead and hornet, southland cedar box

Ishi

Two John Sinclair customs. Yellow heart slate and a Kingwood titanium
The Spirit Lives On

Strick9

I carry some tonnage lol.

Sinclair 3.5"  Bocate Titanium
Sinclair 3.25" Gaboon Titanium
Sinclar 3" Bocate Titanium
Sinclair 3" Coco Copper
Sneed Outlaw Hen
Jesses Mulisha
Yingling Flamed Ash Copper