OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

South central NC

Started by Cwcook68, March 25, 2016, 07:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cwcook68

It's on fire here , birds sounding off in every direction.

Cwcook68

Birds are still gobbling on rooste and on the ground here in Southern Iredell co and western Rowan co . I wish the season opened 2 weeks earlier here.

Cwcook68

Roosted a couple birds on public land this evening, hope the  wind dosent blow  real hard in the morning I believe I can kill one.

blueridgegobbler

Cwcook68

Just got home from my land , had atleast 4 different birds gobbling on the rooste .

brimmyfish

Im in NW NC, but I had several birds gobbling this morning. Had a couple that continued to gobble past 8:30am. Fortunately, I killed mine just after flydown. I hope the gobbling continues for the rest of the season. Good luck!

Cwcook68

Went to public land this morning, nada!!! No gobbling no hens yelping nothing. Absolute gorgeous day to be in the wood though.

ZachH28

Pitiful here in Moore/Lee/Chatham county. Birds gobble on the roost some mornings and go lock jaw on the ground some won't even gobble to real hens. It has been tough, glad I killed a bird on the third day of the season and I am just looking for number two!

Cwcook68

Scored on public land this afternoon around 5:30. Birds were gobbling there heads off.

Cwcook68

Went out this morning and crickets, absolutely nothing gobbling. Yesterday they were on fire..... Go figure...

ZachH28

Had a longbeard and a jake come in silent this evening and wound up missing the longbeard... just my luck. Yesterday was good though birds gobbled on up into the morning and I had one come into 30 yards at 10 o'clock but he was in some thick stuff and I could not get a shot. It is hit and miss gobbling wise

Cwcook68

Well guys its all over here in NC , ended up tagging out, on public land so Im pleased. I guess I will revisit this thread in the spring. Good luck too all who are still hunting.

C. Cook
Mooresville NC

Cwcook68

Went out this evening to do a little scouting on public land, no sign of turkeys. I'll bo out Sunday morning after the rain moves out to see if I can hear any gobbling.

Cwcook68

Nothing good to report this morning, went out to Davie county and Rowan county and no birds no gobbling nothing. Absolute beautiful morning though.

rutnstrut

Did t hear any yesterday heard one this morning gobble probably 30 times