News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ticks really really bad this year.

Started by HFultzjr, March 24, 2016, 08:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HFultzjr

Ok,

Ticks have been bad the last couple of years, but this year is unbelievable!
The few times I've been out, saw them crawling on the ground.......didn't do much scouting after that.
Wife took the dog for a walk.....came back with loads of ticks on him. Just walking a gravel road.
I even got one crawling up my leg on my back deck. No vegetation, brush, anything. Just a plain wooden deck sitting on a wooden bench.
Time to Permethrin EVERYTHING! Been putting it off, but need to get it done now.

Central PA.

Farmboy27

Yeah. Had ticks on myself and the dogs hunting coyotes in the snow this winter!  20 degrees and the the buggers were still bad. I'm in central PA to and I feel your pain. Seems like they get worse every year.

Gobspur

Just got my permethrin concentrate from amazon.  Going to make $450 worth of Sawyer's for $20.  Tired of spending money on it.

SteelerFan

TauntoHawk

I'll be doing the Sawyers routine soon on my hunting and scouting gear. A warm weak winter is gonna have a ton of them in the woods this year
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ruination

UGh really?  I thought I had a week or two and I am in Maryland.  Time to make the dog poisonous.
.410 Favors the Bold

TRG3

The season in Southern Illinois will be coming in on the first Monday in April. A couple of days before, I'll mix up some spray for all of my hunting clothes using concentrate permethrin from the local ag supply store. It will last through a couple of washings. I've read where this type of permethrin will not stick to cloth and is therefore questionable for hunting use; however, I've been using it for the past 6-8+ years and it has worked great for me. For less that $10, I've got several year's supply of the concentrate permethrin. I do use the pressurized spray can stuff for my boots just before heading to the woods. As I noted in a previous post, grabbing the pump sprayer filled with roundup instead of the permethrin will definitely kill all of the grass beneath the clothes line!

northwoodshntr

We had a nice thaw in early March here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Some loggers were saying they were already getting ticks with only partial bare ground. It's gonna be bad this year.

marshboy

I was out for the day scouting last Sunday here in Iowa.
I bet I pulled 20 ticks off me, and 50 off my Labrador.
It was chilly out, in the 30s, so I didn't think I needed tick protection...I learned something.
Greg