OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which one 930 or Stoeger 3000

Started by grousec, March 20, 2016, 06:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grousec

I am looking at a dedicated turkey gun with pistol grip. So which one Mossy 930 or Stoeger 3000.  Not sure if this has been ask before, I didn't find it on here.  Looking for opinions.

sparky153

There was just a post on this and the unanimous decision was the mossberg with one exception with the stoeger.  It was the post that got me to order the 930. 

grousec

Thanks, what was main reason given for 930 over 3000?  I still can't find the post.

vtstrutter

Just sold my 930 to buy a versamax. Great gun. Killed a lot of birds with it. The ported barrel is nice.

beakbuster10

Stoeger would get my vote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isomaad

I love my 930 Turkey.  With an Indian Creek BDS it shoots the Longbeard XR's and Hevi 3" 2oz #7's very well.   Check out the pattern in this link.  http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,44731.msg449088.html#msg449088

allaboutshooting

Quote from: grousec on March 20, 2016, 06:58:31 PM
I am looking at a dedicated turkey gun with pistol grip. So which one Mossy 930 or Stoeger 3000.  Not sure if this has been ask before, I didn't find it on here.  Looking for opinions.

I've been shooting a 930 in both competition and for hunting for several years. It''s a totally reliable gun and I can shoot against custom guns in still target competition and win using it.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Catfishlee

Stoeger, I own a M3500 & a 935.  Both great guns but the Stoeger seems to me to be a better gun.  I just bought my M3500 a few weeks ago and it wasn't too much more than the M3000. You might want to look at that.  Kygunco.com had the 24" camo M3500 version for $611 with free shipping. Add the $30 buck transfer & background check to your local FFL and you can't beat that.

Gtown78

If I had to chose between those 2 I would go with the Mossberg Just for all the parts avaliable. I really don't like the porting on a shotgun but to each their own.

reynolds243

Stoeger for as well. I like the inertia system and the ease of use and cleaning. I also like the chrome barrel on stoeger which is a great thing to have IMO.  Choke tubes are super easy to find in Mobil choke system as well which is a plus

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

Buckeye_Strutter_935

Quote from: grousec on March 20, 2016, 06:58:31 PM
i have a 935  and a stoeger m3500 look at my profile name and i leave my 935 at home the stoeger is the better gun pattern and smoothness and reliability
Feathers Fear Me

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

knightrider

930 feels much better to me, so that's why I have two of them :funnyturkey:

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

grousec

I went with the mossberg 930 pistol grip turkey model.