News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Snakewood striker!!!!

Started by cjordan, March 18, 2016, 09:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjordan

Hopefully this picture shows up.
This is a striker that Pappy turned for me the other day. Not only does it look good, it runs as good as it looks... on slate and glass. I sent Mr.Jack a message Saturday afternoon asking if he had the time and materials to turn me a snakewood striker, and he replied back saying it wouldn't be a problem. After a few messages back and forth we agreed on what she was going to look like when he finished her up. Guys I can't really say enough good things about this striker or Mr. Jack. I have seen some pretty pictures he had posted of calls so I wasn't surprised when I seen the pride that was put into this striker. I know I have a low post count so this probably won't mean much to some of yall, but if you are in the market for a fine striker I would highly recommend giving Mr.Jack a holler. I honestly believe you'll never be sorry that you did. Thank you for the fine striker Mr.Jack.

JLH

A striker that pretty shows that he knows what he's doing......and enjoys it!

Beautiful.

Clardh

Cjordan,

I just got my Snakewood striker from Mr Lewis (Pappy) the other day as well. Let me tell you a little story: I saw individuals post pictures of his strikers on old gobbler so I PMed him about the price. He said 32.00. Now I just came back from Nashville and the cheapest Snakewood striker I could fine was 60 to 70 bucks. I thought that price was steep so I held off. When Pappy told me his price, I jumped at it.

Well a little time past ( about a week ), an I got a package from him.  When I opened it, I realized Pappy had sent me the wrong call ( it was a keg tube call). I talked to Pappy and he was very apologetic. It was an honest mistake so I didn't think much about it. I mailed the keg call to the rightful owner and waited for my call. A few week later Pappy sent me my Snakewood striker along with a scratch box, a persimmon striker and another striker that looks like Purple Heart. On the Snakewood striker was my 32.00 dollars rolled up and a message that said," God Bless, this is for all your troubles". I couldn't believe it. No one has ever been that genorous over an honest mistake.  Jack "Pappy" Lewis has to be one of the nicest men I have ever done business with. I will continue to buy calls off of Pappy because they are works of art and great quality. The added bonus is knowing you are supporting a wonderful human being.

Kudos to Pappy!!!

REBELYELL

Quote from: Clardh on March 19, 2016, 12:01:45 AM
Cjordan,

I just got my Snakewood striker from Mr Lewis (Pappy) the other day as well. Let me tell you a little story: I saw individuals post pictures of his strikers on old gobbler so I PMed him about the price. He said 32.00. Now I just came back from Nashville and the cheapest Snakewood striker I could fine was 60 to 70 bucks. I thought that price was steep so I held off. When Pappy told me his price, I jumped at it.

Well a little time past ( about a week ), an I got a package from him.  When I opened it, I realized Pappy had sent me the wrong call ( it was a keg tube call). I talked to Pappy and he was very apologetic. It was an honest mistake so I didn't think much about it. I mailed the keg call to the rightful owner and waited for my call. A few week later Pappy sent me my Snakewood striker along with a scratch box, a persimmon striker and another striker that looks like Purple Heart. On the Snakewood striker was my 32.00 dollars rolled up and a message that said," God Bless, this is for all your troubles". I couldn't believe it. No one has ever been that genorous over an honest mistake.  Jack "Pappy" Lewis has to be one of the nicest men I have ever done business with. I will continue to buy calls off of Pappy because they are works of art and great quality. The added bonus is knowing you are supporting a wonderful human being.

Kudos to Pappy!!!

:icon_thumright:

cjordan

Quote from: Clardh on March 19, 2016, 12:01:45 AM
Cjordan,

Kudos to Pappy!!!
:icon_thumright:

He is a stand up man for sure. Out of all the post I've read on here about him, I've never seen not one bad thing written about him. He will get more of my money in the future for sure.

Ol timer

That is a beautiful looking striker. Pappy turns out some of the best I have seen, I also got 2 Snakewoods from Pappy and they make any pot call come alive. Good Luck with your new stick.

southern_leo

That's a class act. You gotta feel good supporting someone like that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

outdoors

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright::icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
            I HAVE SEVERAL OF HIS CALLS , GREAT CALL MAKER ........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spitten and drummen

I have his snakewood along with a half dozen of his other strikers. They look great and play great. I carry 8 strikers at a time and switch out a few at a time through season. I always have at least one of his strikers among the 8. You are right about him being a stand up guy and couldn't ask for a more friendly person.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Strick9

And this is how God works his wonders even though its small as compared to the rest of the world. I was looking for a Snakewood striker, read this, pmd Pappy and he is starting mine tomorrow.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

cjordan

Quote from: Strick9 on March 20, 2016, 11:00:52 PM
And this is how God works his wonders even though its small as compared to the rest of the world. I was looking for a Snakewood striker, read this, pmd Pappy and he is starting mine tomorrow.
:icon_thumright: you will love it, I'm sure of that.

Spitten and drummen

Couldn't pick a better person to get one from. You will be happy.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

tha bugman

pappy

and here it is
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mgm1955

Congrats!!! Jack makes awesome stuff and is absolutely a great person to deal with!!!