turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

first tom of the season

Started by loner, March 18, 2016, 12:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loner

no gobbles or toms seen on opening day but lots of hens,three gobblers and all the hens stirring them up on the roost and i am perfectly set up to get my chance.however with the birds within 100 yards of my setup,the cows decide to graze towards the birds and that day was a wasted effort with all being scattered and no more gobbling.third day i heard two different birds but on adjoining properties.today,the boss was on other property and stopped gobbling when he flew down.i was in a cedar thicket setup with hen decoy out front when i decided i better step out and view the pasture for birds and i saw a bird about 300 yards out and it could not see me. i returned to my setup and pulled out my bonnie campbell slate for a series of yelps.he gobbled about 20 yards away looking directly at me in the cedars knowing that is where the hen was supposed to be.he looked at the decoy but got spooky so i took the shot.not a monster but a mature tom.
just an ole' retired man that still believes in values,and common courtesy.

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

OldSchool

Yeah, some are bigger than others, but in my opinion they're all beautiful birds. Congrats!!

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

g8rvet

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Muzzy61

Congrat. Now the pressure is off, go have fun.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

kyturkeyhunter4

suburbhunter

hotspur

Awsome . If you can get Your hands on him..... He's a good one ????

Stephen Fortenberry

Off to a good start for sure, congrats

Greg Massey

Nice bird..good job..on first of the season..

tomstopper

Beards and Hooks

owlhoot

Nice bird , congrats       :icon_thumright:

tha bugman

Birdman