OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kansas turkeys

Started by BTR21, March 17, 2016, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BTR21

How's the birds in Kansas looking? Are they starting to split up? Heading there opening day of archery season and was wondering what to expect.

Ericbrooks

Yes, in NE Kansas they are starting to split up. I have been seeing 1-3 strutters in fields with hens in the mornings. I think bow season is going to be great this year with the early warmup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nativeks

They split up in the last week to 10 days. Lots of gobbling in the AM. Got some from the back porch or the house a couple mornings ago.

stinkpickle

I hadn't planned on going to Kansas until May....BUT since Iowa and Missouri start on the same day, I might venture out that way for the first three days this year.  Of course, that's probably when a freak snow storm will hit.   

Hooksfan

I will be taking my kid on the youth hunt out there in a couple weekends. Things are well ahead of schedule here in Southwest Missouri.

dawgfrombama

I'm headed out there the 1st weekend of gun season.  Hopefully they wont be to henned up then.

Ohio river tom

I loved hunting ks. I was station at ft riley in the army. I hunted post and out in milford. Alot of turkeys on post out the back gate heading toward milford. Would love to hunt there again. Good luck and god bless.

fallhnt

Can't wait to get out there too. My buddy and I hunt the early archery season in NE and KS.  :toothy9:
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

BTR21

Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping things are better this year, went out last year and they were henned up at the end of April pretty bad. Hoping that getting out there earlier will be better but then again it is hunting.

nativeks

BTR21

Quote from: nativeks on March 18, 2016, 11:57:57 PM
Heck it snowed today.

Snowed here in Ohio today, was hoping that was all done with!

Tom Threetoes

I hope they're gobbling when we get there on the 13th.