OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mississippi Gobbling?

Started by northms, March 16, 2016, 05:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northms

I won't be able to go hunting until Friday.  Curious to know if they're being vocal. 

So what are y'all hearing in Mississippi?  If you're hearing anything, let us know what county.

Thanks

Big perm2

This is what I herd this morning north central MS!!

Talkem into given up!!!

Big perm2

Big perm2

Just sent this video a min ago to my team now it will not upload, but herd turkeys this morning

Talkem into given up!!!

Gobbler2577

I've not heard a bird.  First time in years I haven't heard one by now.  I'm near Starkville.  Got a buddy that hunts Calhoun county and he's been on gobbling birds both days. 

dirt road ninja

They were hammering this morning.

Cottonmouth

I heard one behind my house this AM before work. My brother in law heard 2 but they shut up when they flew down.....henned up. Central MS.

northms

Nice video there, bigperm. Hope they're doing that Friday. I knew they would be gobbling today. Warm and sunny.

Big perm2

Thanks my friend!! Headed to listen again this morning.. Will let yall know if they are still doing there thing..

Talkem into given up!!!

Spitten and drummen

tuesday morning I didn't hear any on the roost. set up in a spot I have been hearing them before season. had one gobble a couple of times on the ground about 150 yards out. wind was whipping , but barely heard 1 gobble about guessing 1/4 mile. woods are still pretty open and was pinned down from the closer one. the one at 1/4 mile came in on a string gobbling every breath. got him to about 60 and he wouldn't budge. both stayed around until around 830. eventually I heard both going away in different directions. slipped out and went to work. off the weekend and Monday and tuesday next week , so I will be there waiting. good luck guys.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

kcrebel

I have heard one gobbler the last 2 days.  He gobbled one time around 730a yesterday and sounded like he was still in the tree. 
This am he gobbled three times and then died about 30 minutes later.  Lol. 
The guy that hunts on the property next to me shot him. 
Otherwise super quiet in my area of Lafayette County. 

Haypatch

Ive heard a couple this week but not really fired up...no shot yet either!
Yalobusha and Calhoun

Big perm2

I'm listening in grenada county and the first morning he gobbled he didn't gobble but 4 times and started a it 6:45 went back 2 more times and he's has started about :6:30 and when I leave at about 7:10 he still gobbling..

Talkem into given up!!!

Spitten and drummen

heading to camp when I get off this afternoon. 4 days to chase them. counting down the minutes. I know we are suppose to have nasty weather tomorrow. raining and colder. sunday through Tuesday should be nice.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Stephen Fortenberry

Same way got next four days to get it done, 2 days on our land and 2 day on a draw hunt on Bienville in Scott County.  Ready to get after them for sure. :turkey2: