turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just Plain Nasty

Started by hunter22, March 13, 2016, 07:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Here is my Darrin Dawkins stoned aluminum in a Walnut pot call. I am running it with one of Darrin's strikers and a corian tipped, carbon shaft, Osage head striker. You guys know I have a few pot calls. If I were hunting tomorrow this would be the first call out of my vest in the morning. About the best compliment I can pay a call. It has THE SOUND.

scoot12

Rickey,  I can't wait to hunt with my plastic stoned aluminum call,  who makes the striker on the left?  Scoot

hunter22

Scoot---That striker was made by Jesse Newsome. I bought a few strikers from him a couple years ago. I have learned that he has passed away. He was a super guy and fine callmaker. He won the trumpet division at Nationals a few years ago.

Matt k

I have the same setup and its top notch. Nice call

Andy S.

It don't get any better than a Dawkins pot IMO. My stoned aluminum and slate will be 2 of the 3 calls I carry opening day, which says a lot considering a rely heavily on pot calls and I own numerous custom pots.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

REBELYELL

Another killer Rickey. Darrin is a great guy and makes great turkey calls.

SS Calls

Another fine one from a super nice guy!

idratherb

Footballer

My stoned aluminum will be riding in my vest opening day as well!

KansasGobbler

Mine will definitely get some work in on opening day :drool:

hotrod3h

Great another call to think about adding to my long wish list. Problem is wish list is larger than bank account. Congrats on being happy with the sound.

idratherb

call coach K he can float ya some money

rbreedi1

What type of striker is that on the right?
Thunder Ridge Totes

hunter22

The striker on the right was made by Darrin. Since the pic was taken I have started running the call with a Bill Lyman grey dymondwood striker that is just plain bad. That combo should be outlawed. I have been hunting a Dawkins Walnut aluminum pot call for a few years that I took the anodized finish off of with sandpaper. It has called in several gobblers. The stoned aluminum has a very similar sound to that call.

Matt k

That is a nice striker by Darrin  :toothy9: