OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

GOBBLER DOWN IN GA

Started by ElkTurkMan, March 31, 2011, 07:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElkTurkMan

Guys I shot a bird tonight.  I'll post pics when I get done here shortly.

harvester

Congradulations, can't wait to see pics and hear the story. Way to go.  :you_rock: :you_rock:
:fud: :newmascot:

unclerick

:happy0064:
  Take good pics and measurements, and congrates man, way to go
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on March 31, 2011, 07:27:41 PM
:happy0064:
  Take good pics and measurements, and congrates man, way to go

Don't cut the beard or spurs off before you take the pics. A guy on the VooDoo hunters team done that and he can't use the bird in the contest. Feel kinda bad for him.

nctrkyhntr

:anim_65:   congrads man. Cant wait to see pics and read the story

gob09

cool man cant wait to hear about it

ElkTurkMan

Here is a picture of the bird and myself.  I posted the story but something happened when I tried to attach the pics.  Anyway, I will tell the story tomorrow.  For now here a pic of myself and the bird.

[attachment deleted by admin]

t_eagen13

Alright, way to go!! Another bird down for Full Strut. Looking forward to the story.  :icon_thumright:

ElkTurkMan

Ok here is the story, I guess my previous post is lost somewhere.  Anyway I got done with work about 2:30 today.  The sun was peeking out, and it was windy, but I couldn't resist.  I got down to my lease a little before 4.  With the wind I figured the birds would either be in the plots, logging roads or powerline.  It was pretty windy and hard to hear, so I set up along a transition  area between along some plated pines and a river bottom.  I had seen numerous turkey sign here in the past.  I decided to cold call about every 20 minutes and see what happened.  Anyway about 5:30 I heard a bird gobble, and then saw two fire engine red heads make there way towards me.  Once they got 40 yards or right in range, the acted like they wanted to veer to my left.  It was thick where they were wanting to go, and I wouldn't get a shot if they went that way.  One of them took two stepps to the left, and that all I needed.  I let him have it.  No matter how many times I run up to one flopping, I never bore of it.  Anyway I thnked the good lord above for allowing me to take anotehr one of his animals, and I thank my late dad for passing this wonderful tradition on.  I sure wish I could call him and tell him, but I suspect he knows.  Anyway back after them tomorrow afternoon and all weekend.  I ahve a lot more pics if I need to post them, just in case the ones I posted aren't good.  

keyser12ga

Praise the Lord and pass the turkey, that's great!

Longbeardfever4ever

Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

Ricochet

-JP
Is it turkey season yet? I love the sound of thunder chickens in the morning...

mfd1027

Way to go Shane!!!!!  Congratulations!!!!  Looks like we might finally have some decent weather this wk end.   
Dan

unclerick

Good job on the score Shane, that is a super nice bird and an awesome story, now go smake another fatty,,,,, :happy0064:
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: unclerick on April 01, 2011, 09:34:21 PM
Good job on the score Shane, that is a super nice bird and an awesome story, now go smake another fatty,,,,, :happy0064:
Thanks Rick.  I also have  apic of the sheet me and the bird together.  It doesn't ahve the final score, but I can post it up if you think we need to.