OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi 13 choke thoughts?

Started by Scottyb, March 08, 2016, 07:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottyb

I have the same undertaker choke I've had since 2005 in my 835 and have noticed that patterns are not as good as they were, but still great..

Was wondering if changing to a hevi 13 choke would be worth the money?  Likes? dislikes? Good? Bad?
Mossy Oak Pro Staff...

DUCK LAB JAKE

I have one in my 870 and love the pattern it throws

Happy

I have one in a mossberg 20 gauge. It is a 35 yard gun with mag blends and 40 with hevi shot #6.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

petemoss83

I have no experience with the undertaker choke your currently using but I have shot many shells through my hevi 13 choke. It has been the second best performing choke I have overall behind my indian creek. However it does digest hevi shot mag blend better than any other choke I own. On my most recent pattern testing session the hevi 13 choke put up a 275 hit in the 10@40 with the mag blend 3.5" 5,6,7. It is a good all around choke for my gun.(835). Is it better than your current set up?? There is only one way to know for sure. I'd say if your confident in your current set up I wouldn't change it. I agree components used by manufactures often change and so will our patterns. Hope this helps.

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: DUCK LAB JAKE on March 08, 2016, 08:12:01 PM
I have one in my 870 and love the pattern it throws
x2
I have the Hevi choke in my 870 and it throws an awesome pattern. I shoot Hevi 13 3" 2oz #6's 

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Scottyb on March 08, 2016, 07:01:23 PM
I have the same undertaker choke I've had since 2005 in my 835 and have noticed that patterns are not as good as they were, but still great..

Was wondering if changing to a hevi 13 choke would be worth the money?  Likes? dislikes? Good? Bad?

They are are excellent well-made chokes. All my readers who've purchase them have been very pleased with their results.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Farmboy27

My best friend uses a heavy 13 choke in his 11-87 and his son uses one in his 935.  Both guns through excellent patterns with mag blends and hevi 6's

mullo16

HevI 13 or Indian creek both great chokes for mag blend and long beards.  Had both for my 870 and they shot awesome