OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobble Lounger Question

Started by model94, March 07, 2016, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

model94

I purchased a cabelas Gobble Lounger.  Do you use your vest cushion with it or do leave  it at the truck.

TRG3

I gave up the vest along with its cushion in favor of a larger fanny pack and ground lounger. The ground lounger is so much more comfortable that a fanny cushion, such that it's not uncommon for me to take a snooze or two while waiting on the hens to leave the gobbler and for him to then come looking for me, the intruder gobbler that has a newcomer hen with him! While the permetherin does keep the ticks and chiggers away, I sometimes have to add a head net to ward off the buffalo gnats and/or mosquitoes which greatly interfere with one's efforts to get some shut-eye.

KYFrid

I kept my vest cushion attached (SE III), and use that cushion as extra padding for my back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvlimbhanger

I took the cushion off as well.  No need for it, it just gets in the way.

fredw

drenalinld

Quote from: KYFrid on March 08, 2016, 07:30:31 AM
I kept my vest cushion attached (SE III), and use that cushion as extra padding for my back.

I did this also. Ditching the vest this year, though.

Tennessee Lead

I leave my cushion attached.
The chair don't work on hillsides.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

CMBOSTC

g8rvet

I leave mine attached.  Quite often, I have abandoned the comfort of the lounger to chase a bird.  I will leave it where I sat up and head off for a distant bird or to scout or just take a stroll.  Nice to have that option and I don't want to tote it.  Just a warning though.  Those loungers are camo and sometimes some little woods gremlin will come along and move it, and you may have to hunt it for a little while.   :anim_25:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Ericbrooks

The beauty of the lounger is you don't have to have a tree for a backrest.

Fan Club

Still wear the vest w/ cushion in case I decide to go on a recon, but don't wear/use either while I'm sitting in the lounger. The vest lies beside me for easy access to calls, bincoculars, water, etc.  I usually use a portable ground screen too unless it's late season and there are abundant tall weeds for cover.

<-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-

"Really, it's just like a musical instrument. If I'd have spent the same amount of time practicin' the piano as I have practicin' turkey calls, I'd be as good as Liberace."  Ben Rogers Lee

blackmagic

Quote from: g8rvet on March 08, 2016, 05:15:13 PM
I leave mine attached.  Quite often, I have abandoned the comfort of the lounger to chase a bird.  I will leave it where I sat up and head off for a distant bird or to scout or just take a stroll.  Nice to have that option and I don't want to tote it.  Just a warning though.  Those loungers are camo and sometimes some little woods gremlin will come along and move it, and you may have to hunt it for a little while.   :anim_25:

Because of this, I was thinking of putting a small strip of blaze orange duct tape on the inside back of it.