turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

mossy oak bottomland

Started by jbrown, March 06, 2016, 08:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown

Which one do y'all like best for turkey hunting, new bottomland or the old original bottomland camo??

paboxcall

New.  Though each are extremely effective.  I have seen guys in the open woods flat disappear at 100-150 yards in the new Bottomland and the old Advantage camo patterns. 

I like the original for nostalgia sake, wear both and the old pattern in Greenleaf a lot, but prefer the new in the woods.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

TANK

I like the old bottomland 2nd and the green leaf the best!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

New bottomland is my preference when it's on cotton.  It seems to have an unnatural, purplish tint when printed on polyester or ripstop.

Old bottomland or obsession when buying polyester garments.

kyturkeyhunter4

I would go with the old orginal bottomland

Gooserbat

:whip2:once upon a time my boy had an original pants and new shirt.  At 30 yards and beyond the old retains its contrast and didn't blob. You could really tell a difference between the two when worn together.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bigbird

Either one, I wish mossyoak would bring back full foliage or shadow leaf again

catman529

New bottomland on polyester for me

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on March 06, 2016, 09:06:23 PM
New bottomland is my preference when it's on cotton.  It seems to have an unnatural, purplish tint when printed on polyester or ripstop.

Old bottomland or obsession when buying polyester garments.
Interesting, it looks more green under certain lighting to me. But in other lighting it appears a grayish brown color like that of a tree trunk. The cotton appears lighter in color which I don't like, the darker color blends in better with a lot of trees.

goblr77

I prefer new bottomland. It's the most natural looking camo there is IMO. Forest Floor is my second favorite. I really wish they'd bring it back.

ziggy

y'all are worse than a bunch of damn women...
"Playing that cowboy music
And it feels good, to be working hard"

Spitten and drummen

green leaf and original bottomland was the best turkey hunting pattern made in my opinion. don't care for the new bottomland as much.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Swather

Quote from: ziggy on March 07, 2016, 10:58:14 AM
y'all are worse than a bunch of damn women...

Will a leather purse done in Orig BL match the dress done in Orig BL?  Or do the colors look funny on leather?

Maybe the Greenleaf BL would be more consistent in the dress and purse?

Or perhaps just used a fabric purse and stick with Orig BL?   ;D

Mtd69

I like the original bottomland the best

Gobble!

jbrown