OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Suggestion on 835 sight placement

Started by Big Al, March 04, 2016, 03:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Al

My Truglo magnum gobble dot pro series just arrived. Any suggestions on where to mount on new 835? Should I put them where stock sights are or slide them more forward or back? Thanks for any suggestions.

dirt road ninja

I put mine as far forward and as far back as I could. The front sight is touching the bead.

Eview326

Quote from: dirt road ninja on March 04, 2016, 04:17:10 PM
I put mine as far forward and as far back as I could. The front sight is touching the bead.

The longer the sighting radius the better for accuracy.

Big Al

So I can basically mount them on each end of the barrel. Also, any suggestions on removing factory sights?

Farmboy27

Don't the factory sights just clip on the rib?  or does yours have double beads? 

dirt road ninja

Quote from: Big Al on March 04, 2016, 04:36:10 PM
So I can basically mount them on each end of the barrel. Also, any suggestions on removing factory sights?

A thin flat head screw driver will pop them right off.

Big Al

Yes, clip on. Fixing to pop them off. Thanks guys for all your help. You know us rookies need all we can get. Gonna pattern guns Sunday. I bought colonial arms ported choke, .676. Gonna get it close with cheaper shells. Finish off with 3 1/2 LB XR 5s. Hopefully everything goes well and I can post results without embarrassing myself.

Farmboy27

alberjf

Hey Big AL.... Any results on colonial and xr combination?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Big Al on March 04, 2016, 03:58:05 PM
My Truglo magnum gobble dot pro series just arrived. Any suggestions on where to mount on new 835? Should I put them where stock sights are or slide them more forward or back? Thanks for any suggestions.

I've been able to get a much better sight picture by mounting the front sight up against the bead and the rear sight about 15" from the front one. I can see the rear and front sights very clearly at that distance.

It's probably like a lot of other things, it's what works best for each individual. One gun may feel better than another and because of that we shoot it better than another one.

So, you may want to try those sights in a couple of  places and see what does best for you.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Seminoleturkey

I'm using the same combination .835 24" ported barrel 676 star dot long beard #5 2 1/8 load and it doing 220ish .
Quote from: alberjf on March 16, 2016, 03:49:08 PM
Hey Big AL.... Any results on colonial and xr combination?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk