OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos Fighting Gobbler

Started by TallTimberGabriel, March 04, 2016, 02:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallTimberGabriel

Wondering if anyone could help. I found one of the calls NIB and bought it a few days ago. Problem is one side sounds awful. It's a lot deeper and seems like the paddle doesn't want to slide right. Any tips on tuning or conditioning the call to maybe get a better sound???

Marc

I have one from some years back, and the design looks the same currently...

Them two wires (to give tension and work as a spring) always come out, along with the little posts that go in the holes...

And yep...  One side sounds considerably deeper than the other...

Mine is a clunky call, that tends to make noise while walking, and if it is not making noise while I am walking, it has come apart...

If you or anyone else has come up with solutions to the above problems, I would love to hear them...  I bought it as a last-ditch-effort call for those birds that are henned up, and have yet to have success with the call (even on the few times it has stayed together long enough to work).
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

TallTimberGabriel

I remember when I was a kid Knight and Hale first came out with their version. I have to say they sound much better. Being from MS I like to buy Primos stuff when I can so I picked this call over the new Knight and Hale version. That and for some reason I find David Hale to be somewhat annoying. Seems I may have made a mistake.

davisd9

A good mouth call is all you need for a fighting purr.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

MK M GOBL

I used one of those old Knight & Hale Fighting Purr calls... Found out I am much better at it on my Slate call or Mouth Call.

MK M GOBL

tha bugman

I remember it said on the package "Could possibly be illegal to use in the future" or something like that...it had a very legalistic term and sold a pile of them I am sure.  It was the .22 ammo of the day I guess.
Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 04, 2016, 03:48:29 PM
I used one of those old Knight & Hale Fighting Purr calls... Found out I am much better at it on my Slate call or Mouth Call.

MK M GOBL

Capt.hooks

Another reason to give Sam a call at gooserbat game calls......