OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Keeping track of strikers

Started by wvmntnhick, February 28, 2016, 08:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

I've been dealing with this for a while and have been lucky so far, but only because I've been diligent about keeping an eye on them. I love my Primos vest but I'm not a fan of how the strikers want to ride up out of the pocket when sitting down and getting up. Does anyone have a way of keeping their strikers attached to their vest in some fashion? Gotta do something. Have a few customs I'd rather not lose.

packmule

You could make a short paracord lanyard.  I've made quite a few of these and they can be looped onto straps or D-rings on your vest.  They are an easy DIY project.

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Happy on February 28, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
Midwest turkey call supply

I knew you had something going on last year. Think we even discussed it. I just couldn't recall what it was. That'll be the next thing on my list I suppose. Thanks man.

Let me know if you're wanting to head to the camp this spring. If so, we should look into the ground we deer hunt. Might not hurt to try and roost one down there at some point.

West Augusta

I use a roll up pouch to hold all my strikers when hunting.  I roll it out beside me when hunting and roll it back up and stow it away when moving.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

troutfisher13111

Quote from: West Augusta on February 28, 2016, 09:09:37 AM
I use a roll up pouch to hold all my strikers when hunting.  I roll it out beside me when hunting and roll it back up and stow it away when moving.
Same here. There used to be a member here that made a great striker pouch, not sure if he is still around or not.

Happy

Do like the pouch idea. Would be a great way to carry my back ups

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Hankyorke

Quote from: Terry on February 28, 2016, 10:07:21 AM
Same here. There used to be a member here that made a great striker pouch, not sure if he is still around or not.

Agreed. I bought 2 and wish I'd bought more.

Greg Massey

For what the price good strikers cost you can bet i keep up with mine. My wife made me a roll up pouch that will hold 10 strikers out of camo material. The strikers i carry are red cedar, purple heart, hickory, black locust, laminated maple and purple heart, carbon and one of the best is gobblstix dymondwood

mgm1955

I do the same. Also protects them and helps cut down on noise.

perrytrails

Someone posted them for sale last year. Kinda made like a roll up pouch for wrenches and or hole bits for a drill. Roll up and string tie.

Packmule made me a couple double lanyards too. Really nice

Stickbow98

Pretty easy to make the pouch. Here's a link to a post on them from a couple of years ago....

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=42385.0
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

tha bugman

Buddy of mine uses the lanyard on his Ol Tom shirt to keep up with his

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maytom

Mossy Oak Elite III vest comes with 19 zippered pockets. Tuff to loose them with that vest.

silvestris

Those pouches seem nice; you can walk off and forget your pouch and lose all your strikers at one time.  It took me about ten years to develop the habit of looking closely before moving.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game