OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy oak Tibbee clothing

Started by nyhunter, February 25, 2016, 01:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyhunter

Has anyone use this lightweight line of clothing? How did it hold up? Was it comfortable in hot weather?

BHMTitan

I'm interested in this also.  Also, how does the Cotton Mill material compare to the Tibbee?

Greg Massey

I bought the mossy oak greenleaf last year in the cotton mill pants and i wouldn't want them any thinner because if it's one of those 40 degree morning your going to wish you had a under layer on with these pants..now if it's in the 70 you will be fine with these pants..So if those Tibbee are any thinner i wouldn't want them not much protection on the legs..From what i'v read the cotton mill is a lot softer material and doesn't fade as bad as the tibbee..

PALongspur

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 25, 2016, 02:56:38 PM
I bought the mossy oak greenleaf last year in the cotton mill pants and i wouldn't want them any thinner because if it's one of those 40 degree morning your going to wish you had a under layer on with these pants..now if it's in the 70 you will be fine with these pants..So if those Tibbee are any thinner i wouldn't want them not much protection on the legs..From what i'v read the cotton mill is a lot softer material and doesn't fade as bad as the tibbee..

I'm thinking you have the two mixed up.

buzzardroost

Tibee is thinner than cotton mill. I have some but haven't had it long enough to add much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwhunter

tibbee feels like you have on a wax paper shirt.

Greg Massey

No..I don't have them mix up Palongspur..The cottom aren't that thick either..I'm sure the tibbee are thinner than the cottom mill...

tha bugman

Fieldturkey

I much prefer the cotton mill. The tybee is not comfortable when it's hot.

paboxcall

Quote from: Fieldturkey on February 25, 2016, 05:15:11 PM
I much prefer the cotton mill. The tybee is not comfortable when it's hot.

I also have both, and very much like both.  The comfort issue above hasn't been my experience.  I like the lighter weight for later in the season.

Quote from: jwhunter on February 25, 2016, 04:29:35 PM
tibbee feels like you have on a wax paper shirt.

A wash cycle made a difference with the texture.  I have the shirt and pants in Greenleaf and found them very comfy.  JMHO.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Swather

Two years ago, I bought the Tibbee pants and shirt first because it was purportedly lighter, ripstop material.

I had to send it back and exchanged for the cotton mill because they did not fit, the shirt in L was cut like a medium.  The pants were off too, maybe not a full size too small.  The woman I spoke with told me that they had that experience with other customers.  The cotton mill is a little heavier, a brushed cotton twill, and heavier than off the shelf BDU's but similar to some MO Obsession pants that Wally Mart is selling. 

The Tibbee fabric is pretty close to ripstop military BDU's in terms of weight.  The question is whether they have a better contractor for them now, and you might need to call them and discuss whether they are running true to size.  You might consider ordering one in your size and one up to see how it works out.  Some contractors in Asia just cannot maintain consistency in fit and quality.

This would be a steal if you can find them in stock sommers:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mossy-Oak-Men-s-Cargo-Ripstop-Pant-Obsession/29017435

TauntoHawk

I wish someone that actually new how to make clothing in bottomland and greanleaf.. I'll stick with my first lite in ASAT

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TRex18

How do they fit?  Should i order one size up then ?  I'm going with the cotton mill....pants shirt

mote1977

Quote from: TRex18 on April 14, 2016, 09:43:08 AM
How do they fit?  Should i order one size up then ?  I'm going with the cotton mill....pants shirt
The cotton mill run true to size in my experience. I have a 36 waist and the large pants and shirt are perfect.

TRex18

Ok....welll I'm round 6'3 240....38-39 waist......so i'll probably have to go with XL then in pants and 2XL shirt...