turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alps outdoorz grand slam vest

Started by okslayrio, February 23, 2016, 04:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okslayrio

Does anyone have one? If so, how do you like it? I love my tat'r, but the grand slam looks a little more user friendly than the tat'r.

kevin2

I bought a ALPS OutdoorZ Pursuit Bow Hunting Day Pack last fall. It is really well made, and it was cheaper then similar packs. Comfy. What made it stand out for me was how well organized all the pockets were. That is all I have for you. It is something! HOPE it helps!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

tha bugman

Literally sitting here looking at it in the Macks catalog thinking about it.  I wonder if the cushion is attached by magnets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tha bugman

It looks well laid out

kevin2

yes, magnets. I just watched the youtube video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0G-ozfizd0

Quote from: tha bugman on February 23, 2016, 07:50:49 PM
Literally sitting here looking at it in the Macks catalog thinking about it. I wonder if the cushion is attached by magnets

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

okslayrio

I think I'm going buy it, I wonder if the seat is detachable? The call pockets look alot more accessible thaN on the tat'r.

GSLAM95

You guys should have been at the NWTF convention they were selling these things for $97!

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

okslayrio

tha bugman

Quote from: okslayrio on February 23, 2016, 11:46:41 PM
I think I'm going buy it, I wonder if the seat is detachable? The call pockets look alot more accessible thaN on the tat'r.
I agree.  Well organized.  I like the flexibility of using the frame or just sitting up against the tree as normal.  Another good thing is a portion goes to support the NWTF!

tha bugman

Quote from: GSLAM95 on February 23, 2016, 11:49:54 PM
You guys should have been at the NWTF convention they were selling these things for $97!
I know first time in 6-7 years I have missed it!  Yeah I would have liked to put my hands on one at that price!

okslayrio

That just makes the purchase that much more justifiable. If I like it, great! If I don't, I can always sell it and at least I was able to help the turkeys! The camelback compatability sounds really awesome too. And the kickstand will come in super handy run n' gunning out here in Oklahoma, seeing as a good sitting tree is a luxury here.

TauntoHawk

From the pic it looks like the frame sits low like there's a main support bar going across the lower back, has anyone sat down with this thing to see

I'd certainly be  interested, sit still and comfortable is the biggest trade off with lightweight and portable.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

The hydration feature would be great in TX where lots of walking and few trees to lean against.

Gobspur

One on the way, I'll post a review

okslayrio