turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Patterning Paper

Started by BDeal, February 22, 2016, 10:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

What do you guys use for patterning paper and where do you buy it?

Thanks!!

tha bugman

Brown wrapping paper from Wal-Mart...I think its about $5 a roll but it I get alot of shots out of a roll.

dirt road ninja

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Trimaco-35-in-x-140-ft-Brown-Builder-s-Paper-35140/202040749

This is what I normally use, but this weekend we ran out and we cut seed bags. Cut the top and bottom plus one side and it opened to a nice sized target. Each bag had 3 layers, so we got 3 pieces from each sack.

tha bugman

I have an idea for a shoot and see target...I am going to get a piece of florescent green construction paper and spray paint it black....may be more labor intensive than is really necessary but for kids its a blast....literally... :fud:

chcltlabz

If you go to Home Depot to the moving department, they sell boxes of packing paper that is the perfect size for patterning.  Already cut, just draw on a dot and have at it.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

vagrousehunter

I use red rosin paper.   A roll is 36" x 144'  for about 12 bucks.

OldSchool

I've been shooting the same gun for years so I don't do a lot of patterning, but when I do, I use what's left on leftover rolls of gift wrapping paper. We always seem to have a few rolls around with a little left on them.

Bob 
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: BDeal on February 22, 2016, 10:15:07 AM
What do you guys use for patterning paper and where do you buy it?

Thanks!!

Here's what I've been using lately https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Protective-stuff/Wrapping-Paper-Bulk-%2825-lb-pack%29?id=8606

You can purchase 200 or 500 sheets.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Gamblinman

I have a roll of 4' wide butcher paper that I bought a few years ago at a garage sale.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: tha bugman on February 22, 2016, 10:40:32 AM
I have an idea for a shoot and see target...I am going to get a piece of florescent green construction paper and spray paint it black....may be more labor intensive than is really necessary but for kids its a blast....literally... :fud:
You will need to cover one side in clear packing tape then paint it black. It works well for me.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: vagrousehunter on February 22, 2016, 11:04:04 AM
  I use red rosin paper.   A roll is 36" x 144'  for about 12 bucks.
That's what I've been using

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

tha bugman

10-4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallhnt

Cut pieces of cardboard box up
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

paboxcall

The large "post-it note" easel paper in conference rooms for capturing notes during meetings.  The top part is already sticky, and I affix a 1" orange target circle in the middle.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

WisTurk

I work with blueprints all day at work, so I'm up to my eyeballs in 24x36 paper that works perfectly for throwing some patterns at.