OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Patterning Paper

Started by BDeal, February 22, 2016, 10:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

+1
Quote from: paboxcall on February 22, 2016, 12:55:56 PM
The large "post-it note" easel paper in conference rooms for capturing notes during meetings.  The top part is already sticky, and I affix a 1" orange target circle in the middle.

OldSchool

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on February 22, 2016, 12:30:04 PM

Quote from: tha bugman on February 22, 2016, 10:40:32 AM
I have an idea for a shoot and see target...I am going to get a piece of florescent green construction paper and spray paint it black....may be more labor intensive than is really necessary but for kids its a blast....literally... :fud:
You will need to cover one side in clear packing tape then paint it black. It works well for me.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Never would have thought of that, I'll get the grandkids working on a couple next time they come. They'll probably get as much fun out of helping make the targets as they do shooting at them.

Thanks,

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Gobble!

Large cardboard from Sears. Refrigerator, washer, or dryer boxes.

TrackeySauresRex

I'm like some other posts here with the roll of contractor paper at the Home Depot. Also a bag of the metal paper clips from Staples,and a heavy duty realtor sign (frame) Cut paper to cover frame and use the metal clips to hold it in place. Pick up some orange dots and yer good to go.

End result
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,60209.0.html

:anim_25:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

silvestris

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 22, 2016, 10:21:22 AM
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Trimaco-35-in-x-140-ft-Brown-Builder-s-Paper-35140/202040749

This is what I normally use, but this weekend we ran out and we cut seed bags. Cut the top and bottom plus one side and it opened to a nice sized target. Each bag had 3 layers, so we got 3 pieces from each sack.

This is what I have been using for years.  Had a welder friend make me a stand out of 3/8 inch rod.  Just push in in the ground and attach a 35 X35 inch sheet with large binder clips from Office Depot and place a 1 inch white adhesive circle in the center for point of aim.  I use a Sharpie to place load/distance/gun/choke information on the sheet.  Roll them up together for future reference.  Mostly now just fire off a shot to insure that point of aim/point of impact hasn't changed.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Swather

A metal framed bandit sign for selling real estate, yard sales, etc.  I put it up in front of a dirt mound that is a back stop for the shot.

Brown craft paper.

Wooden clothes pins to attach the paper to the bandit sign.

Tailor's flexible measuring tape to mark the radius, diameter, and circumference of the circle.

Spray paint on black magic marker with to make outline or fill in the circle.

You can use masking tape to add one of those turkey head targets from HS Strut, etc, or splatter/shoot n see type targets.

g8rvet

+2 on the builders paper. I like how it holds its shape pretty well. 

Once I get a pattern I like, my last shot is always on a Shoot n See or a paper target (I photocopied a bunch of them).  I just like to see the kill shots in the head and neck.  Gives my confidence I reckon. 

I had some scrap lumber laying around and built a target. My first shot with Heavyweight #7 at 40 yards split a 3/4 x 4 piece of pine like it was nothing (the shot was high, I was still dialing it in). Man that stuff hits hard. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Mike Honcho

Interesting to see what everyone else uses... I use big white flip chart Easel Pads.

They come padded together so easy to tear off one at a time.   I use the larger ones...don't have one handy to measure but I'd guess they are 24"  wide x 30" tall...plenty big for my patterns.

DAk28

Leftover news paper rolls from the local newspaper they usually sell the leftovers for a buck or two. Also use cardboard from Lowes they always have extra in the back from appliances that come in they use it when they stack them, it's the perfect size.

eddie234

Poster board from Walmart

wvmntnhick

The art room at the school I work at was getting rid of a big roll of paper. I took it and used it last year. Figure I'll check poi and that'll be about it.

mikejd

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on February 22, 2016, 12:30:29 PM

Quote from: vagrousehunter on February 22, 2016, 11:04:04 AM
  I use red rosin paper.   A roll is 36" x 144'  for about 12 bucks.
That's what I've been using

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Same here. Lasts forever and very durable if you choose to keep targets for future reference.

bigbird

I go to the dollar store and buy the cheapest wrapping paper they have. It all has a white backing and works great

nativeks

Wife likes to bake so we have those big pieces of parchment paper coming out our ears. I just snag a few.

Happy

Work for an electrical contractor so large pieces of cardboard for me. We get mcc's and mdp's in all the time that are shipped with cardboard covering them.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club