turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BPS Micro 20ga. Choke & Shot?

Started by 3Bucks, February 21, 2016, 11:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3Bucks

I have a lefty so I got him a BPS Micro 20. I cannot find much information on what choke and shot works the best in the BPS. Someone out there has to have experience with a Micro.  I do not want to reinvent the wheel. Thanks for the help.

CrustyRusty

Hevi choke and hevi13 using 7's or fed hw7's. Or Sumtoy using either load.  I get in the 170-180 range with the hevi choke at 40 from a 26" bps. Good luck

3Bucks

Thanks CR. This little gun has a 22in. barrel. Don't know what difference that 4 inches makes. I guess it would cut down on the range.  Maybe 35 yards instead of 40? He got his first bird last year at 12 years old using a ground blind to prop up my 12ga. with a 3 1/2. The bird was at 35 so we decided not to use his NWTF Little Jake single shot 20. He only weighs 80 lb pounds this year. He can take the recoil but can not hold up a 12ga. up very long. He love his new gun.

dirt road ninja

Browning makes a well put together pump. Of all my shotguns I think browning has the best barrel quality, both of the ones I own bore's shine like a mirror. The 4" inches won't cost you any range at all. Even though I don't own your gun, I'd bet any turkey choke in the .555 - .575 range would do good with HTL.

3Bucks

Ok,one last try before I buy a Hevi choke this weekend. So many 870's so few Brownings! 

Eview326

I've got the same gun for my lefty fiancé (I'll probably use it more than her). Has a 24" barrel. I've got a .585 tru lock non ported choke that I'm going to shoot 3" hevi weight 7's out of once the weather warms up a bit.

CrustyRusty

Buy it from a big box or amazon and return if you dont like...good luck.