OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New with a mouth call.

Started by USmarine4910, February 21, 2016, 07:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USmarine4910

Hey guys. As y'all can tell I'm new to the club here, so try to take it easy on me. I'm in Alabama and been hunting birds for a few years now, but I've never been able to master a diaphragm. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I always end up just blowing air/no sound. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and Semper Fi guys.
If this is in the wrong forum please excuse me. I apologize.

perrytrails

YouTube has some great how to use videos.

Basics are getting the two note Yelp. High pitch to low. Some of those videos may help you get started.

Thanks for your service bud

yelpaholic

Try a single reed call, or a double reed watch some videos on mouth call basics and  PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

Redfish

When I was learning I found the Primos Limb Hanger was the easiest call to get a yelp on and it's the one I recommend to anyone who is a beginner.
John 3:16

daddyduke

Been using a mouth call for about 4 years off and on. Decided after this season I would put some effort into sounding as real as possible. Scott Ellis's videos on You-tube has helped me more than any I've watched. Hope this helps.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.