OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Looks like Deception Outdoors has a new jake decoy....

Started by JLH, February 17, 2016, 08:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

Do you know the weight of them? I looked on their site. Trying to see if they are heavier than the avian x.

stinkpickle

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on March 17, 2016, 02:13:25 PM
Do you know the weight of them? I looked on their site. Trying to see if they are heavier than the avian x.

Even if they're heavier, your wallet will be lighter.  ;)

beakbuster10

Maybe it's just me but I don't see how these are anywhere close to DSD for almost the same price (I haven't seen the deception in person but I've looked at a lot of pictures). I don't even have DSDs , so I'm not being a fanboy; I have avians. I think the colors are way off on the heads and something about the wings and the tail feathers just don't look that good to me. I'm sure they'll kill turkeys, but for the coin I'd go DSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kwgoke

The weights are below, for everyone's info I weighed these on my fishing scale so it's possible they could be off by an ounce or two since I haven't checked them against an official scale in a couple years.
Deception Big Jake (with stake) 3 Lbs 6 oz
Deception Boss Hen (with stake) 1 Lb 14 oz
AvianX Hen (without stake) 2 Lbs 8 oz

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: Kwgoke on March 17, 2016, 04:30:44 PM
The weights are below, for everyone's info I weighed these on my fishing scale so it's possible they could be off by an ounce or two since I haven't checked them against an official scale in a couple years.
Deception Big Jake (with stake) 3 Lbs 6 oz
Deception Boss Hen (with stake) 1 Lb 14 oz
AvianX Hen (without stake) 2 Lbs 8 oz

Awesome thank you! At least they didn't flip on the scale.

jed clampett

I like the way the Jake is standing....i do think the dsd,s look little more realistic especially the heads...that said any of them will kill turkeys