OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snakewood strikers question

Started by troutfisher13111, February 17, 2016, 06:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfisher13111

Other than their good looks, what's so special about them? For the price they are bringing I am wondering if they sound magical when played. What is their sound style?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Woodsman

hunter22

It is a very hard wood that seems to grip and run any surface you put it on. And as Denny said, it gives that rasp to any call I have tried them on.

JLH

It's heavy, hard and dense....as hard as it gets as far as wood goes, and heavier than any that I know of.

The reason they ask the pirces they do, is because of the cost of the wood...vet expensive!!

It makes a great striker, but personally, not my favorite.

pappy

to tell you the truth snakewood is so high it is being sold by the pound...anyone who has paid for quality stick of this stuff knows what I am talking about...and the sad truth is it sounds good ...on glass & aluminum and just about any kind of surface...I just turned three more tonight...
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

jjnfla

Like mentioned expensive hard and heavy but not the hardest or the heaviest but those don't run like snakewood to me..and aren't as good looking.worth the money,not really you could get a couple for the price of one and have more options.

Stump.270

I have a fowler snake wood that I will never get rid of it plays great on glass and grips aluminum like Velcro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greentag

im just a hillbilly from ky,so i may be wrong,but i hear its so high because it only grows in one part of the world and the tree is real small and hard to get any size of board from,then once it is cut the air is what causes those pretty little stripes on it we all love,oh and it really makes a great striker too.

Gobblerstopper

It's a shame it has to be so expensive. It really does make a great striker and will run on just about anything.

If the price of the wood isn't enough, you can always add a piece of 10,000 year old Mammoth ivory to the end of it. Then it will really sign.

hunter22

Smooth_Operator

Quote from: Gobblerstopper on February 18, 2016, 10:42:03 PM
It's a shame it has to be so expensive. It really does make a great striker and will run on just about anything.

If the price of the wood isn't enough, you can always add a piece of 10,000 year old Mammoth ivory to the end of it. Then it will really sign.

Ok Andy, I already have that pot, how do I get that striker? LOL that is outstanding man! Gorgeous set you've got there  :drool:

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Smooth_Operator

Correction, I don't have that pot lol looks very similar to the redheart bronz I have from you. Had to do a double take when I saw it! Either way, outstanding  ;D

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Gobblerstopper

Quote from: Smooth_Operator on February 18, 2016, 11:11:52 PM
Correction, I don't have that pot lol looks very similar to the redheart bronz I have from you. Had to do a double take when I saw it! Either way, outstanding  ;D

Sorry, I have to hang onto what little ivory I have right now until I can get a hold of some more. I have plenty of elephant though.