turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dawkins plastic pots

Started by scoot12, February 16, 2016, 02:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoot12

I know a lot of guys think if its in a plastic pot it must not be good.  Here is Darrins new stoned aluminum and the other plastic pots he makes.  Let me tell you they sound better then most and as good as any calls out there.  I paired the stoned aluminum with Hallorans diamondwood striker and cant believe the sound.  His new stoned aluminum is easy to condition and runs with ease.  I also have Darrins walnut crystal and the plastic is every bit as good.  This is just my opinion.  Scoot

REBELYELL

Those are killers Scoot. I hope my new Dawkins aluminum plastic pot is in the mailbox when I get home.

jjnfla

Those plastic pots are awesome,that new aluminum will sing..

hunter22

I got walnut and plastic stoned aluminum pot calls from Darrin today. All I can say is WOW!!! I have never played an aluminum call I like better.

scoot12

Rickey,  How is the walnut compared to the plastic?  Darrin is going to sell a bunch of these.

hunter22

They are both awesome Scoot. The plastic pot is right there with the walnut as far as sound. I love the surface because it is so easy to run with no striker slipping and the sound. WOW!! Not many calls I say you better get but this may be the one. 

bunk

I have the plastic pot stoned and a anodized aluminum walnut pot on the way. I talked to Darrin Saturday and he said Rickey got the last one he had in the stoned walnut pot. This will be the first plastic pot of his for me but Darrin makes some great calls and stands behind them. Great guy to deal with.

scoot12

Rickey,  I thought the same thing,  I was trying to get it to slip and it was very consistent.

PALongspur

His plastic slate is an incredible call. If you blindfolded someone they would never know. I just wish they were a little bigger, they just aren't comfortable in my hand.

boatpaddle

Quote from: PALongspur on February 16, 2016, 09:00:45 PM
His plastic slate is an incredible call. If you blindfolded someone they would never know. I just wish they were a little bigger, they just aren't comfortable in my hand.

Gorilla hands ???? :TooFunny:
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

PALongspur

Quote from: boatpaddle on February 16, 2016, 09:59:13 PM
Quote from: PALongspur on February 16, 2016, 09:00:45 PM

Gorilla hands ???? :TooFunny:

EXACTLY!!

duckaholic25

How much is he charging for these plastic pots?

REBELYELL

Footballer

Does he have the plastic pots made exclusively for him? I'm assuming he doesn't make them.

scoot12

Yes he does have pots made for him I believe.