OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Box call woes

Started by wvmntnhick, February 15, 2016, 10:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Pulled my vest out today looking through everything. Realized my box call was gone. No clue where it's at currently. I'm sure it's in the basement. I've found that the best way to find something is to replace it. It'll show up the minute the new one hits the doorstep. It wasn't a high dollar call by any means but I'd grown attached to that beat up primos box cutter. Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent box call? Not interested in blowing $100 on one. The box call seems to be the easiest style to break so I'd rather just get a decently priced call at a decent price. Was looking at getting one from Richard McKinnis. Been using his slate calls for a bit and really like them.

USMC0331

okiegobblers

SS calls, field grade

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

letinmfly

SS Calls "Cheap Talk" or field grade.  Best values in box calls.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

davisd9

Quote from: okiegobblers on February 15, 2016, 10:12:38 PM
SS calls, field grade

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

X3

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

TauntoHawk

Quote from: letinmfly on February 15, 2016, 10:20:03 PM
SS Calls "Cheap Talk" or field grade.  Best values in box calls.
X2

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wvmntnhick

Well, looks like it's pretty much unanimous.  Guess I'm looking at SS calls.

packmule

Quote from: wvmntnhick on February 15, 2016, 10:55:18 PM
Well, looks like it's pretty much unanimous.  Guess I'm looking at SS calls.

You won't regret that decision.

otinhunter

Wilpercustomcalls.com
Scott makes some great box calls also.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: USMC0331 on February 15, 2016, 10:10:35 PM
Spring creek
x2. they are in expensive and everyone I have played sounded good.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

HFultzjr

Quote from: USMC0331 on February 15, 2016, 10:10:35 PM
Spring creek

X2.....Mike will fix you up nice at a very good price.

wvlimbhanger

Add me to the list of SS calls fans.  Their field grade boxes are a great value and built by some guys that are true class acts.  I bought 2 last year and have another box and 2 scratch boxes on the books at the moment.  You will definitely be happy with your purchase.

perrytrails

Spring creek Jatoba over maple.

Sweetness!!

wvmntnhick

Thanks fellas. All is taken care of. Actually ended up calling Richard and Wendy McKinnis today. I've dealt with them in the past on some slates and have really enjoyed them. Anyway, had them play one of the deluxe boxes over the phone to me and she sang quite well. I do plan to still look into an SS and spring creek in the near future though. I've got a bonus check coming and won't know what to do with it. Hahaha.

bbcoach

Another satisfied customer here with Mike Crooks (Spring Creek).  I've purchased 4 from Mike over the last couple of years (2 as gifts) and they have been all turkey.  I have a Bloodwood over Walnut that is my favorite.  Quality calls that won't break the bank.