turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nikon 2-7 Prostaff Shotgun or Bushnell Trophy XLT 1.5-4

Started by BDeal, February 12, 2016, 03:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

I've pretty much narrowed it down to these 2 scopes. I have shot scopes for many years for deer but not turkey. I missed one last year at about 40 yards. I have since switched to Longbeard XR shells and they shoot so tight that I am concerned about missing at close range.

Can anyone recommend one over the other or suggest others that might fit the bill?

Thank You!

MK M GOBL

I have the Bushnell and has never let me down for over 20 years, a buddy has a couple of Nikons but are the "Turkey Pro" version and no problems either (the are hard to find, no longer made). Bushnell still makes theirs.

MK M GOBL

Circle of Death!

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Dr Juice

Nikon is the way to go. Every single (100%) Bushnell and Bausch & Lomb product failed me in the beginning of my hunting career. I would not put a Bushnell product on one of my guns even if it was given to me. I lost any and all confidence in their products.

backwater

I have a Nikon as well as a Bushnell Banner..no problem with either.   Tha Banner is on my muzzleloader and it takes a beating.

Hooks' n' Beards'

Bushnell is the way to go,been using various models for my whole life(37) and was brought up in a bushnell home.Great scopes that do what they are intended to do,fill the freezer and walls.

rock54

i put the bushnell trophy xlt 1.5-4 on my ex's 870 youth and she loved it, i sightd it in by putn the circle

on the turkey targets head and she went 5 for 5, when we were together, i also have now put one on

my 1187 and i have come to love it also, good luck in your decision, russ

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 12, 2016, 04:06:11 PM
I have the Bushnell and has never let me down for over 20 years, a buddy has a couple of Nikons but are the "Turkey Pro" version and no problems either (the are hard to find, no longer made). Bushnell still makes theirs.

MK M GOBL

Circle of Death!
I love my nikon turkey pros. Wish they would still make them. I have one on my Encore and 2 spares incase the one I use goes bad on me.(I've had it for probably at least 10 years or more)..I havent checked in awhile but the last I knew doesn't leupold also  make a decent scope for turkey hunting?