OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 10 gauge NEA single, old mossey old camo , loads, pattern  (Read 5184 times)

Offline eastern assassin

10 gauge NEA single, old mossey old camo , loads, pattern
« on: February 07, 2016, 04:44:03 PM »
I have used this gun  NEA  arms   10 gauge along with my Ithaca 10 for  20 plus years, the Ithaca 10 longer, I have 200 plus kills with the  NEA 10.,  I  used federal and winchester #4 for a while, the nitro loads  4,5,7,, also #4 3 ounces,, in new york #3  mine gun was sleeved by Bansner for Pennsylvania, it is choked  very tight , i do not know the choke,,, I have a williams peep sight with rifle sights, the gun is heavy,but i have never had a problem with it,,kicks but th weight holds it down, the gun is awsome, with nitro loads  40 yards  335 pellits in a 10'' circle at 40 yards. almost too tight, I am looking to put a scope on the gun,,, My Ithaca 10 is better,  250 kills with this gun fall and spring,,, the barrel is cut 26'' nitro #4 ,3 ounces shot,,, rhino chokes, thirty five years ago it was difficult to get 20 pellits in the head and neck at 40 yards, the guns, chokes , loads have come a long , long way, on ocassion i use a thompson center 20 gauge  3'' and remington 3'' 20 gauge , rhino choke 4,5, 7, nitro loads,,, I get  130 pellits in  a ten inch circle at 40 yards, this is unreal, never thought id use a 20,   I use a 20 gauge, for turkeys,,,, still like my 10 gauge guns, I also have  richland 10 double, side by side and richland over under 10, nitro loads and rhino chokes ,these are awsome guns and have many kills with both guns,,,, but the little New England
Arms 10 is and awsome  turkey gun.     Eastern Assassin  Ithaca 10,  450 confirmed kills,,, turkey thugs whoooo,   I decided to add to this conversation, my qualifications 38 years of turkey hunting spring and fall,,,,first, my ratio of turkeys killed to, turkeys called to, i mean birds i worked, You would  think  I should have given up turkey hunting, I looked at my records, and as close as i can document, the Mr, Gobbler has won 15 times to 1, , if you doubt my record keeping then you havent turkey hunted that long..  I say and many others is to go out turkey hunting one or two times on your first hunts and kill a gobbler, this is the great , however, you will be awakened real fast by the number of times after that, when you did not kill another or the rest of the season., I am writting a book, something I thought i would never do; it is not a how too book, but how i accomplished all my kills, especially finding turkeys, roosting turkeys which is an art in itself, guns,  shot, paterning, calls, persistance, determination,, woodsmenship is right up there at the top, shooting at the correct time, gun up, looking down the bead. Don't watch too much of the Outdoor Channel , a lot is benificial , its not that easy.  Last notes,my gun of choice,,put a little odds on your side a little, 10 gauge, Ithaca,  SP remington 10,  10 gauge double over under, browning 10 or browning 3 1/2 '', trust me your not overgunned,,,,  best choke you can buy, Rhino, or find the best choke for your gun,,, Nito loads, Ray Filigamo, Nitro company, spend the money on the best gun, choke, shells,,,, go turkey hunting with one goal, to be successful.  I love moral mushrooms, flora, funa,,, hear grouse drumming,,, etc, thats for after you are carrying him out.,  socialize at the diner over breakfest,,,  be an old school turkey hunter, read the classics on turkey hunters, callers, places and everything that has to do with this great sport, most of call  appreciate this great bird, he, she deserves your best,  My one thought as the Pilgrams spent there first years here, one can live on a wild turkey for a week,  meat, soup. bones, feathers used,spurs, can u survive a week ,  Treasure each moment in the turkey wooks, sit down next to a rock wall,and dring a can of coke , or a old 200 year oak  tree, cherish the moment,,,  my birds ride in the front seat of my truck, does yours,.my book    WAKE UP CALL,,,EASTERN ASSASSIN, ACORNS AND TURKEY TRACKS.,       Keep Your Powder Dry,,,,    R.T.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:12:06 PM by eastern assassin »

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
10 gauge NEA single, old mossey old camo , loads, pattern
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 06:57:18 PM »
Great post!  We forget how soon it all is over.  Thank you and God bless you this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: 10 gauge NEA single, old mossey old camo , loads, pattern
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 10:14:10 AM »
I am having trouble locating this book, anyone know where it can be found?

Offline ShootingABN!

• Longbeard
Re: 10 gauge NEA single, old mossey old camo , loads, pattern
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 05:34:20 PM »
Did you ever publish the book?