turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Il resident and non resident hunters

Started by Shoot2thrill25, February 06, 2016, 07:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoot2thrill25

Got some questions  about the application and some other things. Any of illineshians  on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

nsselle

Shoot2thrill25

Ok so I live just across the river in Indiana. I was going to apply for a tag, and it says to send in $125 with it. Is that just to apply or will that cover the tag if I'm drawn? And if I don't get drawn do they still cash the check or is it no charge?
Also if I only put one season/county on my preferences, will they just assign me to a random season if that season/county is not available? Bc I only have one season where my schedule allows it. Thanks for the help.

Roost 1

You get your money back if not drawn. You will only get drawn for season and county you apply for.

squeaky

IL DNR will charge you $125 to apply. If you draw your tag the $125 covers cost. You will also need a hunting license and habitat stamp which will be additional money. The DNR will not assign you a different season or county. If you are not drawn for desired season and county you will get refund of your money. Hope this helps.

Shoot2thrill25

Perfect. Thanks guys.

Illini Tom

i would suggest you apply online since the deadline for the 3rd lottery is tuesday, feb. 9
actually, you should have applied for the second lottery in which non-residents have preference but that app period ended jan. 11
if you go to the idnr site, you can find out if your preferred county and season still has available permits

renegade19

Stay across the river.  WE ain't got no turkeys!   :funnyturkey:  Seriously, good luck.  The IDNR website is pretty good.  You can also call them and get some good help.

Shoot2thrill25

Quote from: renegade19 on February 07, 2016, 11:00:48 AM
Stay across the river.  WE ain't got no turkeys!   :funnyturkey:  Seriously, good luck.  The IDNR website is pretty good.  You can also call them and get some good help.

Hahaha I know you are joking and a little serious. I understand the out of state hunter situation, it can get frustrating. I actually work in IL and pay il state taxes so I think I oughta get some slack!????????

Shoot2thrill25

Another question. Do they ever have leftovers that they sell Otc like they do deer tags?

fallhnt

No turkey tag sales OTC. Keep applying and you'll get what you want if available. You can look online and see what is available on the IDNR web site.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

silvestris

Illinois sucks, primarily because they want to deprive me of the right of self-defense by not honoring my concealed carry permit, but also because of other government restrictions like that above.  I understand that Illionois is controlled by the Chicago mob and I sympathize, but I choose not to spend my bucks in Illinois.  If any of you have any suggestions on how we can deal with New Orleans, they will be appreciated.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

nsselle

What? Chicago mob? Lol.  OP, what county you trying to hunt?

silvestris

It has to do with the mob controlled legislature that doesn't believe that I should be allowed to deal with the evil that exists.  Remember, when evil appears, the cops are only minutes away.  That is why I don't go to Illinois, California, Jersey, New York and a couple of other states.  It is just a personal decision I made when I made the decision to carry for my own personal protection and the protection of my loved ones and perhaps the life of some innocent stranger.  I have never had the necessity and pray that I don't.  But I have become more vigilant.  And a better turkey hunter too.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game