OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beautiful Call Pics! Lets see yours.

Started by Honolua, February 06, 2016, 11:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honolua

Call makers don't normally make a lot of money after the cost of materials and tools. Most of these guys are just passionate artists.

Let's see the most beautiful calls you have in your collection.

paboxcall

Here are a couple of my favorites -

A 1920 with desert ironwood by Mr. Permar:

Nice set of bones by Mr. Ezolt:

Maple over persimmon my Mr. Snodgrass:

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

mgm1955

Yoder409

I'll vouch that the Snodgrass paddle call sounds BETTER than it looks...........and it looks INCREDIBLE !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

mastevt

This is one I made a couple years back that I didn't have the heart to put up for sale.

Yoder409

Whoa !!!!

That is one STUNNING pot !!!!!!!!!!!

:drool:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Not a great pic.  But here's a little "circle of honor" from my pile..............

PA elitist since 1979

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 06, 2016, 09:50:08 PM
Not a great pic.  But here's a little "circle of honor" from my pile..............

How do you ever decide what to take in the morning?  Sweet collection!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

mgm1955

Yoder409

Quote from: paboxcall on February 06, 2016, 09:52:17 PM

How do you ever decide what to take in the morning?  Sweet collection!

Truthfully................ ??

Not one call in that circle has ever or will ever see the woods.  Yeah............yeah...............   I know.

I just can't............
PA elitist since 1979

paboxcall

Honolua

Quote from: mastevt on February 06, 2016, 09:29:38 PM
This is one I made a couple years back that I didn't have the heart to put up for sale.

beautiful

Yoder409

From 12:00 and clockwise................

Lamar Williams walnut over poplar 18-check
Lamar Williams walnut over poplar 6-check
Lamar Williams cedar over butternut paddle
NWTF Cost-signed cedar over butternut paddle
Steve Kimble mineral stained poplar over poplar 6-check paddle
Steve Kimble cedar over poplar paddle
Steve Kimble walnut over walnut 20-check
Darrin Dawkins walnut over poplar 20-check
Darrin Dawkins walnut over butternut 20-check
Darrin Dawkins walnut over mahogany 20-check
Marlin Watkins walnut over poplar
Marlin Watkins Claro over Claro
Neil Cost walnut over cedar 30-check
Lamar Williams walnut over mahogany 6-check

PA elitist since 1979

drenalinld

Great circle, yoder. I would HUNT them every one but that's why I buy them.

Yoder409

Quote from: drenalinld on February 06, 2016, 11:04:42 PMI would HUNT them every one but that's why I buy them.

I would like to...................... No...................... LOVE to.  Then I start thinking about sitting on one of them or having it fall outta my pack without me knowing or a torrential downpour or I get up and leave it......................

:character0029:

PA elitist since 1979