turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lesser Mentioned Lyman Calls

Started by letinmfly, February 05, 2016, 08:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

letinmfly

Bill's pots and strikers receive lots of accolades but a lesser mentioned call is his box call.  Bill makes a real good box call as well.  Here are a coupe of them!!

Cherry/Wormy Butternut

Osage/Mineral Stained Poplar

One of the rarest of them all is his longbox.  Only a handful of these out there.  Top Call in pic.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Smooth_Operator

Very nice Lou, that long box all cedar?

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

letinmfly

Quote from: Smooth_Operator on February 05, 2016, 08:47:27 AM
Very nice Lou, that long box all cedar?

It is all Cedar.   I believe Rickey, hunter22, has a Holly/Cedar longbox.  Maybe he'll chime in and post a pic of it and clarify the wood combo. 

Matt k

SS Calls

KentuckyHeadhunter

That second box is killer.  Love them all.  Bill is a super nice guy. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

MG150

Great lookin calls Lou,I know they are pure turkey coming from Bill

Rick Howard

Nice looking callers.  You have a pretty awesome collection.  I would really like to see some more of it. 

hunter22

I couldn't agree more Lou. Bill was one of my favorite callmakers before he became so popular. I picked up real quickly the man makes turkey calls that sound like turkeys. Here are a couple short boxes and a Red Cedar/Holly longbox. I called three gobblers we killed while running the Cherry/wormy Butternut a few years ago. I was telling Bill recently the all-Red Cedar short box may be one of the best sounding short boxes I own. I plan to hunt it this spring. I think Bill's passion in turkey calls is now with scratch boxes and he makes killers there also.

letinmfly

Rickey thanks for posting these calls.  I remember the first time I ran Bill's wormy Butternut call and it blew me away.  I ordered one immediately!! 

Matt k

Jgarrett

I'm getting real jealous down here in Florida, lol....great calls!
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

callmakerman

Been a while since I made this type of box call. I told Rickey I sold my all cedar to Mike Joyner thinking I'll just build another one and never did. I miss that call. I've had some lids and boxes inlayed and checked sitting for at least five years. Maybe some day.  Rickey has the last long box I made.

turkey stew

Super calls Lou and Rickey! I have one of Bill`s Holly/Ebony turpin style callers.

mgm1955