OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kickstand vest

Started by fallhnt, February 03, 2016, 08:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

Anybody use a Cabelas kickstand vest? Does anybody else offer a kickstand vest? If you use one do you like it? I was thinking of using one to bowhunt with. Any thoughts on this? Thanks
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

kevin2

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Tail Feathers

I have the Cabelas Tactical Tat'r kickstand vest but I got it after last spring so I haven't used it in the woods yet.  In my testing around the house watching TV and checking it out under the trees in the yard, I like it a lot.  The cushion is very good and the back support seems to work as advertised.

The Tenzing vest can be found for closer to $129 or so if you look around the web.  I read reviews of the Tenzing legs bending and the caps coming off them the first use.  Never seen one in person tho.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

augasman

I had a kickstand a couple of years ago. I was so excited, and couldn't wait to try it. The first time I leaned back in the woods it was like somebody pulled a chair out from under me. Then the legs got stuck in the mud. I had to take the vest off to get up. They don't work too well if your hunting ground is soft. Either that, or I'm too fat for a kickstand.

WVhuntEER

I got the Tenzing for Christmas.  I will say it does work.  I haven't tested it in the field though.  I've tried the Cabelas Kickstand vest and couldn't get that one to work for me.

Greg Massey

Get you a vest and good chair like the gobbler lounger 2.0 that way you have the best of 2 worlds..Most people don't realize that most of spring turkey hunting season is in wet and winded conditions. On those rainy morning a lot of the time i down size to a small bag,rain suit, gun and just the chair not wanting my vest and other stuff getting all wet...for a good little bag to carry on those rainy day's get you a soft shell camo cooler it will have a water proof liner ...also i have what they call a gun slicker ...a gun slicker is a rain coat in a bag for a gun if you don't have one of these your missing out on a great product makes o noise..check out Gun Slicker on amazon or the web..

reynolds243

I've had the cabelas kick stand for 2 years and love it. Pocket placement is great and if you actually tighten the legs down like you are suppose to they will not move any. I've never had an issue of sinking or "falling" on mine.

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

Honolua