turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WAY TO GO CORBIN!! VERY PROUD DAD!

Started by bowmike, February 01, 2016, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowmike

I took Corbin to the PA State Championship Calling Contest yesterday in Claysburg PA. I talked with him about it for couple weeks. He said he wanted to go so I figured why not? If he locks up or doesn't want to go up im only out 10.00 donation to NWTF.

ON the ride down we talked a little and he asked, "Dad, what if thre are kids that are gooder tha me?"

I told him, "all you can do is you can do is your best"

"Dad if I win a trophy I will share it with the kids who didn't win"

I told him that if he called on stage I would buy him a ne T-Rex. lol

So we got to the contest and I took him by the stage to get him comfortable. He went right up there and started calling on his Lynch one sider, while all of the pros were warming up. I be he kind of shocked some of them as he is only 3.

The night before we were practicing and the thought came into my head give him hand signals. He was following them but was getting side tracked so I was a bit nervous for him to go on stage.

Well Corbin got to draw his number and kind of cheated by looking into the bag and finding #3.

Well his turn came and we went on stage. He was really excited but held his cool.

"Caller number 3 lets hear your Cluck"

I looked at Corb, and gave him the signal to cluck.

"Cluck"

held my hand up to stop..pointed at him again

"Cluck"

He nailed I!

"Caller #3 lets hear your plain yelping of a hen"

I held my stop, then started pointing at him at the cadence of a hen for a few then stopped him, then reapeated.

He nailed it again.

The next call requested was callers best.

I told Corbin to cut. He wraps his thumb up over the edge of the box, and started tappin the lid. It sounded good but he was tapping a litte to high on the lid.

He finished an we walked off stage. I was so proud of him, to be 3 years old and calling in front of all of those people.

Here is the video of his run.

https://youtu.be/dHeruroXoew

Here are the prizes he got.

doing some "turkey hunting" with his new movie. LOL

My photo bucket is acting up so ill try and post the rest later.

guesswho

Dang, little man was talking the talk.   Good job Corbin!!!  I see a lot of dead turkey's in his future.  Congrats to you both.  And Dad may as well start excepting the fact that his calling day's in that duo is limited.  Corbin will be taking over the number one slot shortly.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Bowguy

OldSchool

How cool is that? Congrats Corbin!! Congrats to you too, Dad. :icon_thumright:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

OldSchool

My grandson's have the same guns, and we do the TV turkey hunting thing too. "don't move, not yet - let him come, a little closer, shoot him! I don't know who has more fun, them or me.  ;D I can't wait till we can do it for real.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

cramerhunts

Very, very cool! You have every reason to be proud! He did great and sounded great. Awesome job to you both.

eorlando

That is soooo cool!!!  Congrats!!  What is that turkey game?  I want it for my kids.

762hunter

Thumbs up all the way around!!!
Way to go
The Fired up 4 is a good prize, I've been going back through 1,2, and just finished 3, starting 4 again the next bit of free time I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Congrats to the young man. You have every right to be proud.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

USMC0331

tomstopper

Awesome. You should feel very proud. Congrats to Corbin. I see many more wins in his future.....

kyturkeyhunter4

Muzzy61

Very cool, Great job Corbin.

you look like one very proud dad, as well you should be.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Rio Fan

That is awesome!  I think the turkeys are going to be in trouble when Corbin starts hunting them.  :icon_thumright:

Snood Life