OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pattermaster choke help

Started by southern_leo, January 30, 2016, 11:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southern_leo

Purchased these two chokes today at a gun show one is patternmaster 5127 long range the other is pattermaster classic 5131 extended. Having a hard time finding reviews online. Bought at a gun show for a heck of a deal.

DirtNap647

believe those are waterfowl version

southern_leo

The guy I bought from said he purchased them in an estate from a guy who competed in turkey shoots. I only paid $10 a piece. Online they sell for $90 each so I'll probably pattern them for fun and sell if I don't need.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

highball

Go to the pattermaster web site and search the model numbers,Should be able to find out constriction and some info on them.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: southern_leo on January 31, 2016, 05:29:46 PM
The guy I bought from said he purchased them in an estate from a guy who competed in turkey shoots. I only paid $10 a piece. Online they sell for $90 each so I'll probably pattern them for fun and sell if I don't need.

You made a good buy. They are very good waterfowl chokes and a very popular brand with those shooters. You should be able to get your money back plus some at the right time of year especially.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

VAHUNTER

Heck of a deal  :icon_thumright:
A lot of turkey shoots have a restrictions on the choke restriction.
we have a local shoot that only barrels with full chokes can be used.
Try them both. see what kind of patterns they throw.
if they throw a even pattern with good numbers keep them.
if not, you will not have any trouble getting triple + out of them for what you paid.
Good things come to those who wait

southern_leo

Thanks yall. That's my hope. I told my wife I can easily resell if I didn't like them.