turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hunting days per season

Started by LaLongbeard, January 29, 2016, 01:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

I'm working 7-12's for the next month and a half so  I can take off the whole 6 week Turkey season. How many days a season does everyone else get to hunt?
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Yoder409

If I'm lucky I get 10-12 hunting days in the spring.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Snoodsniper

I'll hunt every day of PA season and Sundays in NY.

Tail Feathers

I usually get out there 20-22 days per year.  Our season is 30 days.  Can't get it all off but I take a pretty good amount of time off work to take grandkids and a friend or two hunting in addition to my own hunting.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

eddie234

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 29, 2016, 01:24:11 PM
If I'm lucky I get 10-12 hunting days in the spring.
Me to. Being an adult and having responsibility sux.

dirt road ninja

This year probably 13-17 calendar days, but some of those will be only a morning or quick afternoon hunt.

tomstopper

About 20 give or take a couple days

Bowguy

Between Nj and NY prob 15-20 days depending on year. Lots of it is only an hour or two before work

paboxcall

Last spring, 14 days. This spring, more. Lots more.   :jackson:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

MK M GOBL

I usually put 20-25 days in, might hit a morning before or after work when I can. More of my hunt time is spent doing "Learn to Hunts", Youth Season/Hunts and taking friends out and some video work for a few buddies. I'll tag 4-5 myself but have some fun doing the rest of it!

MK M GOBL

jepcho

turkeyfoot

Usually around 20-23 full days not all in one state

turkeywhisperer935

Not near as many as I'd want to this spring probably. Work will interfere with that. In the past seasons probably 15 to 20 trips morning and afternoon combined.

Happy

8-10 days if I am lucky. Having two boys in little league hits the weekends and work hits the weekdays. Fortunately I am now free this year to come I to work late a day or three each week. And I have vacation time. Should be good. Not going to miss my kids games tho. I grew up not having a dad so that's real important to me

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

OldSchool

Our season here in NY runs May 1st through the 31st, 1/2 hour before sunrise to noon and I'm lucky to be able to hunt pretty much every day. If It's raining hard I don't hunt. Other than that, don't look for me at home before noon. ;D

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.