OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunting days per season

Started by LaLongbeard, January 29, 2016, 01:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzardroost

Should get the first 6 days in Alabama and 21 days in TN, so 27 total.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

20+. I get to hunt pretty much all I want so some years I hunt more than others.  I think I'll get 5 states this year if everything goes smoothly with a hook up in Louisiana that might make no.6.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I should get somewhere around 20 days afield this spring.

otinhunter

Indianas season is only 19 days and has been the only state that I've hunted turkey's so far. Last yearbmy season lasted 30 mins into opening morning. Then I talked the wife into trying to get her 1st bird. We hunted the 1st weekend with no luck didnt even hear a gobble. Later on the first week I found some birds and the Sun morning of the 2nd weekend she was able to harvest her 1st bird. The last weekend I took a youth hunter out to try to get his first bird he wasn't able to connect but came close and had fun.
This year I plan on trying to hunt Ohio before the Indianas youth hunt when my son will be going on his 1st hunt. I guess to extend my season I like taking kids and my wife out. I mainly only get to hunt for a few hrs in the mornings because of my work schedule. I would say I'm able to get out hunting for 4 to possible 6 full days and maybe another 5 to 8 morning hunts for a few hrs.

Honolua

Our season is 6 weeks, I will hunt everyday at least once usually twice.

marshboy

Quote from: Happy on January 29, 2016, 08:46:42 PM
8-10 days if I am lucky. Having two boys in little league hits the weekends and work hits the weekdays. Fortunately I am now free this year to come I to work late a day or three each week. And I have vacation time. Should be good. Not going to miss my kids games tho. I grew up not having a dad so that's real important to me

Good for you, sir.  They're only little once.
Greg

marshboy

At least 15 days, or so, for me.
Greg

VAHUNTER

Good things come to those who wait

Vaturkeyhntr

I hunt just about every day, working mid night shift I take leave at 4am every morning I work so I can hit the woods.  Only days I don't get off early is if we have scheduled court.

greentag

i usually only get 4 or 5 mornings to hunt but i get off work at 4:30p.m. so im in the woods by 5:oo in the evening almost everyday.i prefer the mornings but since i dont get that many and have to kill most of mine in the evening,i believe it has made me a better hunter.i think they are harder to kill in the evening.my old job was alot better for hunting and i miss it because of that,i would schedule two weeks of vacation starting on opening day,man i miss that!..

Meadow Valley Man

I hunt up to 6 days in Florida, up to 8 days in Missouri, and up to 24 days in Wisconsin.

Big perm2

I hunt pretty much every day in mississippi and a week or so in Missouri

Talkem into given up!!!

mozart_hunter

Around 10.. Season in Arkansas isn't very long.

357MAGNOLE

I can only do 5 days here on base. Can only shoot shotgun on Saturday's.

I am trying to find some local land to hunt, but usually people are not so open to outsiders hunting on their land. I am not from here, so I have no family connections.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

darron

7-10 days if the stars align. I take off and hunt the first three days of Ohio season and then once every weekend.