Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New member from Montana

Started by Rooselk, January 22, 2016, 10:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooselk

I'm new to this forum and new to turkey hunting. I was born and raised in Washington State. Back in the 90's I became very interested in turkey hunting due to Washington having huntable populations of Easterns, Rio Grands, and Merriam's and allowing up to three birds to harvested annually. I even joined the NWTF for a time back then. But life in the form of family obligations, a job, and driving distance conspired to keep me from chasing turkeys. Instead I opted to use what free time I had to hunt elk and mule deer. Three years ago I moved to Montana and once again turkey hunting has caught my interest. Not only are Merriam's available here, but the Black Hills of South Dakota and Wyoming are less than 300 miles from where I live. That gives me plenty of turkey hunting opportunity. I dug out a couple of old Lynch turkey calls I had packed away and I've started practicing. I'm looking forward to getting out to the turkey woods come April.

OldSchool

You came to the right place. :icon_thumright:  :welcomeOG:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

paboxcall

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Turkeyman11

Welcome!  Sounds like you are right in the middle of Merriams country!  Gotta love it.  Good luck.

Double B

Welcome Rooselk.   Beautiful country out that way, good luck this spring!
Followed by buzzards

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Rooselk

Thanks, all, for the welcome.  :thanks: I look forward to participating at this forum.

mgm1955