OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Mossy 835 any advantage to shooting 3.5" shells

Started by bigcountry25, January 21, 2016, 08:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

I have owned several and shot a lot of different loads in them all and hands down the 3.5" out performed the 3". 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigcountry25

That for all the input!!

I have shot hevi-shot #6's 3" through it and the pattern was very good but I have ordered some hevi-shot 3.5" mag. blend and 3.5" #6's to give a try. They should be in this week, I hope!!  I'll let you know how it goes!

chatterbox

BandedSpur

The 835 with 3.5" shells does offer the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing break from work as you recovery from surgery to repair your detached retina.   :angel9:

tha bugman

I had the same setup and mine loved the Hevi-13's 3.5" in #7's

BINK McCARTY

Shoot both 3" and 3.5" to see which patterns better,the only advantage a 3.5" shell gives you is more pellets per load.

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: BandedSpur on February 03, 2016, 08:24:14 AM
The 835 with 3.5" shells does offer the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing break from work as you recovery from surgery to repair your detached retina.   :angel9:
Amen to that!!!!! they do kick like a mule for sure!!!!!

wvmntnhick

I've been known to use mine feom time to time. Usually when I've got a toothache or something. It gets my mind off it for a while.

The 835 is a great gun. It's got me seriously looking into a 935 as well though.

trkehunr93

I shot the old hevi 13 white 6's when I first got mine, they shot well.  I now shoot 3.5" shells out of mine, Hevi 13 6's and 7's shot great and Win HV 5's do also.  I figured since I have 3.5" chambered gun I am use it to it's fullest.  Gonna give the Hevi Shot triple beard a try as well, mostly out of curiosity and the fact that they are cheap.

bawana

I have the 835 Tactical Turkey.......it's a turkey killing SOB! Mine shoots the Federal HW #7 in 3 1/2 best, but the Hevi shot #7 will definitely work. I can't remember the manufacturer, but it's a .680 choke.