OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help with vest selection

Started by buzzardroost, January 18, 2016, 09:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzardroost

I think I've narrowed my choices down to the ol tom time and motion and the cabelas tactical Tatr 2. What would sway you one way or the other? I hunt mountains, do a lot of walking and don't carry a lot of gear. I like that the cabelas is sized because I'm  size Small in clothing. I think I prefer ol toms layout though. Just having trouble deciding. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Cabelas hands down. The Ol Tom vest I had was the poorest quality vest I have ever owned. I had to sew that thing together multiple times. I prefer the Tatr III to the II though.

allchokedup

The Cabela's Tactical Tatr 2 is the best vest I've ever owned. Pockets are well organized and its a very comfortable, well made turkey vest.
Good luck on your choice.
David

Bowguy

Look at the Tenzing. The other vests are good but the material is prob better for women's wear. Ah just kiddin, it's thin though.
Tenzing vests on Amazon are reasonable n about the same as cabelas vest

Tom Foolery

I'd like a Tat'r 2 but I'm not sure on the sizing?  Any of you fellers 2XL shirts, if so what size vest did you get?

Gooserbat

I've had both ol Tom and the tater ll.  I now only have the tatter ll. 
Quote from: Tom Foolery on January 18, 2016, 11:43:16 AM

I'd like a Tat'r 2 but I'm not sure on the sizing?  Any of you fellers 2XL shirts, if so what size vest did you get?

Mine is the xl-xxl
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tom Foolery

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 18, 2016, 12:03:45 PM
I've had both ol Tom and the tater ll.  I now only have the tatter ll. 
Quote from: Tom Foolery on January 18, 2016, 11:43:16 AM

Mine is the xl-xxl

XL-XXL is what I would go with if they offered it.

S/M
L/XL
XXL/XXXL

Are the choices

Gooserbat

My bad, mine is the big one.  I just took up all the straps.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

kevin2

If you go the Cabelas tactical Tatr 2 route, be sure to take a pot with you to see if they fit in the pot holders. I bought one last year & the "Slate Call Center" that houses 2 pots was sewed so that pots could not fit into those slots. NOT even close. I took it back intending to exchange it, but I could not find a single tactical Tatr 2 vest that did not have the same defect. So, be sure to check this out in advance.

Quote from: buzzardroost on January 18, 2016, 09:58:17 AM
I think I've narrowed my choices down to the ol tom time and motion and the cabelas tactical Tatr 2. What would sway you one way or the other? I hunt mountains, do a lot of walking and don't carry a lot of gear. I like that the cabelas is sized because I'm  size Small in clothing. I think I prefer ol toms layout though. Just having trouble deciding. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

PALongspur

IMO the stuff from Ol Tom is shoddy at best. Well thought out designs but the quality is horrendous!

ctwny1

Checkout Knight Turkey Vest.   www.knightshuntingproducts.com

I was a long time user of Ol Tom and I'm telling you this turkey vest is 1000 times better and made very well.

laker

I purchased a Game Winner brand vest and it has suited me well. The quality of it is well above the price that i paid. The pockets have plenty of space and i have not had any trouble with anything not fitting. The only thing I would like to have that the game winner does not have is the nifty kickstand like the cabelas vest has.