OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

GLASS over poplar & Padouk push pin

Started by Old Gobbler, January 17, 2016, 05:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

This is my newest design push pin , Poplar has always been one of my favorites due to tonal qualities , the soundboard on the bottom is a special hand layed ply of something secret and Padouk, I had to perfect a new layup schedule for these two tropical hardwoods (not fun), its what makes the difference between the high quality of sound on my calls verses mass produced playthings that resemble chimpanzees

The paddle has a very unique handle on the top that i came up with ,that allows for intricate authentic  soft clucks and purrs to coax that gobbler in those last few yards,  a small strap (only used fwhen not in use )keeps the call 100% silent when not in use the striking surface is glass -When I get some time I'll make a soundfile of this little killing machine , it sounds INCREDIBLE! !!!

I have a bit of a waiting list but I'm taking orders on a few of these in the hopes I can complete some before the spring season , they take considerable time to hand make one at a time so they are $100 each , anyone interested in a turkey caller or have any questions shoot me a pm with all your contact information and ph#

Thanks for lookin --Shannon Kelly

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

KentuckyHeadhunter

Wow!!!! That's brilliant and dandy as heck. Can't wait for the soundfile.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

paboxcall

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Smooth_Operator

Very nice Shannon, I killed a wily old Tom late last season with your first made Honduran push pin (my avatar pic), can't wait to hear the sound file on this one. Great job man!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

mgm1955

Another great push pin. Can't wait to heat it!

hunter22

M,Yingling

very nice ,,,cant wait hear the sound ,,
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

ncturkey

greentag

thats awesome looking,i dont think i've ever saw a push pin with a glass playing surface.cant wait to hear how this thing sounds.