OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New to Florida Bass Fishing (Lakeland)

Started by HFultzjr, January 12, 2016, 10:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HFultzjr

Hey all,
I will be traveling south to Lakeland Fl. last week of March, to visit relatives.
Along with the other "family" things planned, I would like to take a day or 2 and sample the Bass fishing.
As I won't have my bass boat with me, it will strictly be shore fishing.
After searching the web, I'm leaning towards Tenoroc and Saddle Creek.
Any suggestions, techniques, advice, etc., appreciated.
I have a complete arsenal of equipment, but need to travel light, as the Tuscon will be packed!
I plan on 1 Baitcaster, 1 Spinning, 1 Flyrod (for panfish if things are slow.)
Need suggestions on lures and techniques, as I have just about everything.

Thanks.

guesswho

I grew up in Lakeland, but unfortunately never got into the fishing thing.  A lot of my Buddy's did but I never got serious with it.  There are a lot of huge Bass around the area but probably 99% of the water is closed to the public.  The open to the public areas are fished pretty heavy.   I'd be tempted to head over to around kissimmee and hit Tiger Lake or Rosalie.  If you wanted a guided trip there's a place South of Lakeland that has some prime spots locked up.  Dream Lakes Of Florida, 863-640-7783.  6 to 8 pounders are abundant, and 10 to 12 pounders are not uncommon, and even bigger are caught.   Another place would be Streamsong, Dream Lakes may be a part of Streamsong but I'm not sure.  They are on the same property.  If I was going to fish Tenoroc or Saddle Creek I'd take Teneroc.  Here's a link to Streamsong. 
http://www.streamsongresort.com/recreation/guided-bass-fishing/
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

saltysenior

simple......a live shiner in a golf course lake.. 

HFultzjr

Quote from: guesswho on January 12, 2016, 01:02:05 PM
I grew up in Lakeland, but unfortunately never got into the fishing thing.  A lot of my Buddy's did but I never got serious with it.  There are a lot of huge Bass around the area but probably 99% of the water is closed to the public.  The open to the public areas are fished pretty heavy.   I'd be tempted to head over to around kissimmee and hit Tiger Lake or Rosalie.  If you wanted a guided trip there's a place South of Lakeland that has some prime spots locked up.  Dream Lakes Of Florida, 863-640-7783.  6 to 8 pounders are abundant, and 10 to 12 pounders are not uncommon, and even bigger are caught.   Another place would be Streamsong, Dream Lakes may be a part of Streamsong but I'm not sure.  They are on the same property.  If I was going to fish Tenoroc or Saddle Creek I'd take Teneroc.  Here's a link to Streamsong. 
http://www.streamsongresort.com/recreation/guided-bass-fishing/

Thank you for the tips!
I'll check them out.
I was thinking of maybe a guide, but I'm not sure what day I'll be free (to book in advance).
Family obligations ya know.

HFultzjr

Quote from: saltysenior on January 12, 2016, 05:08:18 PM
simple......a live shiner in a golf course lake..

I was wondering about golf course lakes.
Do you have to be a club member?
Never hung around golf courses much, all new to me.

Thanks.