turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NEED HELP ON WHICH GUN

Started by HunterMc23, January 09, 2016, 06:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterMc23

I was in the market to buy an automatic 20ga, and I need your guys' help on which one would be the best option:

Remington 1187
Weatherby SA-08
Stoeger M3020

Please let me know.  Thanks

outdoors

Weatherby SA-08

My vote
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Greg Massey

If you get the rem. the shurshot stock for the youth 870 will fit it i was told..

jordanz7935

The new 2015 model Weatherby SA 08 is an awesome 20 ga turkey gun. I know its not on your list but the Franchi Affinity would make a great "all purpose 20 ga"

Tail Feathers

^Right and right.

Love my SX3 but it's not on you list either.  That Weatherby in the turkey model is sweet.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gooserbat

Quote from: jordanz7935 on January 09, 2016, 07:33:33 PM
The new 2015 model Weatherby SA 08 is an awesome 20 ga turkey gun. I know its not on your list but the Franchi Affinity would make a great "all purpose 20 ga"

If I was looking for a 20 ga auto it would be that franci.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gamblinman

I have several Franchi's. Good, dependable weapons. I'm old school, and I'd take the 11-87 from that list.
Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

HunterMc23

dejake

I bought one a year ago.  Narrowed it down the Winchester, Weatherby and the Franchi Affinity.  Ended up getting the Franchi.  Felt good, and I thought it was the best value.  I have no regrets.  Don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3.

kyturkeyhunter4

Stoeger makes a good 20ga auto

Spitten and drummen

If I couldn't get a m2 I would look at the franchise or the old dependable 11-87.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

reynolds243

I like the inertia system the best so I'd go stoeger. Easiest to clean and take care of and the simplest design of all.

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

SKFOOTER

strutnva

I sure am glad to see some votes for the Franchi Affinity since I just bought one for this purpose.  They make one in Bottomland now that is sweet looking!!!!!

FL-Boss

I have a SA-08 .. great general shotgun for anything. I also have a SA-459 - the perfect turkey gun